“Wedding Bells” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Oakville
Chicago, Illinois
“Wedding Bells”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

We recently attended a friends wedding at the Holiday Inn Oakville Bronte, the room was so elegant and everything looked so beautiful. I can’t say enough about how great the food was, really large portions and everything tasted so delicious. The staff was very helpful with all of our questions and what was great was that everything was under one roof, so we didn’t have to worry about driving from one location to another. The next day we all had brunch together which was really great since the whole family was staying together. it extended the fun , they also have great pool facilities which was great for the next day.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank TRAVELLINGJD
GeneralManager65, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oakville @ Bronte, responded to this review, 14 February 2012
Dear TripAdvisor member and Customer of Holiday Inn Oakville @ Bronte
Thank-you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Holiday Inn Oakville @ Bronte.
I’m happy to read you enjoyed the Wedding event you recently attended in our hotel. Our Banquet and Catering teams do a fabulous job of taking care of every detail and provide customers and guests a memorable experience. Our award winning Chef continues to delight every palate with his great menu creations and you are welcome to try out his new dishes in our Marquis Bistro Restaurant whenever you return to the Oakville area.
Once again, thank-you for your feedback as it helps us motivate our employees to continue to deliver great service by sharing these great customer stories with them.
I hope to welcome you in the near future and if there is anything I can do to make your stay even more enjoyable, please let me know.

1-800-880-3188 ext 6106 or marcelo.tomazo@whg.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

I just spent three nights at The Holiday Inn on Bronte and will not hesitate to return. The staff was outstanding in service and attention and very friendly. The lobby warm and inviting - (unless you want to party in it, it doesn't need to be large!)
The Restaurant was beyond expectations - the chef went out of his way to accommodate my being a vegetarian. And for my husband cooked a 'Chicago Steak' that he says was to die for - instead of going out the other two nights there, we returned to the hotel's restaurant and it was consistent in its excellent service. It was also extremely quiet -

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear TripAdvisor member and Customer of Holiday Inn Oakville @ Bronte
I am very pleased to read about the great experience you had in our hotel. We are constantly looking at ways to improve and deliver quality service to our customers and comments such as yours go a long way when we share them with our employees.
I am glad you had a great Dining experience in our Marquis Bistro Restaurant. Our talented and award winning Chef is doing great work with his team to ensure we satisfy all our customers to the best of our ability and have them return to try out new menu items as we introduce them.
Once again, thank-you for your feedback and I hope you return in the near future. If there is anything I can do to make your stay even more enjoyable, please let me know.

1-800-880-3188 ext 6106 or marcelo.tomazo@whg.com
Toronto, Ontario
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2012

Recently stayed here for a wedding. Room was nice enough, comfortable and clean. Lounge area is a bit small but nice enough for a quick drink. Did not try the restaurant. Generally a good stay overall with only one real complaint, which is that the noise seems to travel through some parts of the hotel. Waiting for the elevator on the sixth floor, we heard a party on the 5th floor. In our room we could hear a lot of noise from the hallway, which was a problem when the people across from us (possibly guests at the same wedding as us unfortunately, but who knows) were talking loudly late in the evening, and then set their kids loose in the hallway at 8AM the next morning. I realized after this that I had the same problem here in a different room a number of years ago. Normally I wear earplugs and wouldn’t have noticed, and there was no point in complaining since I was already awake at that point. You probably wouldn’t have this issue 9 out of 10 times but it was frustrating this time.

Pros – Good location, close enough to highway to access it but not hear it. Bed was a good size and comfortable.
Cons – Old CRT tv, thin doors seem to let in more hallway noise than is normal.

Room Tip: Ask for a south or west facing room if you care about the view.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear TripAdvisor member and Customer of Holiday Inn Oakville @ Bronte
While I’m happy to read that you had a good stay in our hotel, I apologize for the noise disturbance you experienced. We pride ourselves in offering quality service to our customers and I’m sorry it couldn’t be 100% satisfactory.
I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future and I encourage you to contact me so that I may personally take care of future reservations with an added touch.
Once again, thank-you for your feedback and I apologize for you having to experience the noise disturbance.

1-800-880-3188 Ext 6106 or marcelo.tomazo@whg.com
Oakville, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2012

My bf and I had a rough weekend, we decided to find a hotel around the golden horseshoe for the night on Saturday and just decided to stay at Holiday Inn as it was bit late and we didn't want to wander around the highway. He requested a non-smoking room upon check-in and quiet floor as we had alot going on. The reception told us the hotel has converted into non-smoking hotel last year but 5th floor (where we stayed) has never been a smoking floor, so we were happy and she even gave us the corner suite so we thought that would be more quiet for us. HOWEVER, as soon as we walked in the room, the air conditioning was on and the room is so cold (it's at least -7 that night with high wind warning), so I rushed to turn the heat on immediately and realized the room smelled like a smoking room. We know for sure someone has been smoking in there before. Then as we were settling down, we found few pretty big spiders, ladybug and flies in the room. It was beyond midnight so we just decided to leave things as it is. We both got waken up around 5:00 a.m. in the morning with some people yelling and partying in the hallway. My boyfriend had to call the front desk for complaints and the front desk told us the polices were just there for the same group of people. Luckily for us, they came to the floor and got those people within the next 20 minutes.
The next morning when we checked out, we addressed our complaints to the front desk and she didn't seem to care but kept asking us to add up how much we have drunk through the mini bar. Knowing we didnt even have a calculator, she even asked us to do the taxes and printed it on the paper. I thought that shouldnt be the service she should be given to guests when she had a computer in front of her that she could input the math.
Honestly we were quite a disappointed experience and we aren't sure we want to stay at a Holiday Inn again.

Room Tip: Even when the hotel labelled a "non-smoking" floor, it is always better to check the room...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
GeneralManager65, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oakville @ Bronte, responded to this review, 3 February 2012
Dear Trip Advisor contributor MaiCho and customer of Holiday Inn Oakville @ Bronte.
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us on Trip Advisor.
I apologize for not meeting your quality and service expectations while staying with us. We constantly strive to provide exceptional service and value to all our customers and on this occasion it seems we have let you down.
I can assure you that the hotel is 100 % non-smoking and the 5th floor has never been a smoking floor. In fact we have stiff penalties for customers that smoke in our rooms by charging an additional $150.00 in order to recover the costs of the deep cleaning and steaming process required to eliminate the odor of smoke.
I apologize for not having the room ready to your temperature liking and will ensure we are more diligent about re-setting the thermostats after every guest check-out.
You are correct in stating that the front desk employee should calculate your Mini-Bar expense, all we require is the completed list with the items checked off so they can be entered in the computer. Once again
I apologize for not meeting your expectations and I encourage you to contact me directly so that I may personally speak to you and have the opportunity to welcome you back with some added ammenities to make your experience a memorable one.
Once again, thank-you for your feedback, as this provides us the opportunity to evaluate our current process and allows us to improve. Hope to hear from you soon.

Marcelo Tomazo
905-847-1000 ext 6106 or via e-mail at marcelo.tomazo@whg.com
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

After the last 4 experiences I have had at Holiday inns I swore I would NEVER stay at a Holiday Inn ever again. On my trip to Oakville in November a Client recommended this particular Holiday Inn so I took a chance. AND I was not let down - everything from the friendly staff at the front desk to the interior decor, great room and super bed was enhanced by 2 great experiences at the in-house restaurant - 1 dinner and 1 lunch.

Special note - check the internet for buy 1 get 1 free coupons for the restaurant - an added bonus.

I would definitely recommend this Holiday Inn and will stay there again when I am in Oakville

Room Tip: Often a hotel gives the least desirable room to Clients who are not regulars - if they did this to u...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GeneralManager65, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oakville @ Bronte, responded to this review, 9 January 2012
Dear Tripadvisor member Peter B and customer of Holiday Inn Oakville @ Bronte.
Thank-you for sharing your comments. I am happy to see we were able to meet your expectations and that you have "Renewed Faith" in our Brand.
Holiday Inn has been working hard at improving the service and quality of the products in all hotels for the last few years and I am happy to see we did not disappoint you.
Your comments help us to continually improve on our service delivery and I thank-you for sharing them, as it allows us to validate all the hard work our employees do every day.

Once again, thank-you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at Holiday Inn Oakville @ Bronte and look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Marcelo Tomazo