“The Baklava is unbelievably AMAZING!”
Review of Fournos Restaurant

Fournos Restaurant
Price range: USD 10 - USD 25
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: There's something for every member of the family at Fournos. Open for lunch and dinner. Authentic Greek cuisine in Niagara on the Lake.Come and check out the new patio!!
Reviewed 1 October 2016

If for any reason you happen to be by this restaurant, it is well worth the trip to enjoy their amazing baklava! It was deliciously light and the honey was perfect in its sweetness and not too thick. Truly - heaven on a plate!

The restaurant is on the basement level and I did not see any elevator access, however as it is located on the corner, there are two entrances from either street, down approximately a dozen stairs. The room is large and with a full crowd, I could see how it might get a little noisy, however this was not an issue tonight.

As I've been eating-and-drinking my way through Niagara-on-the-Lake, I was looking for something lighter for my dinner fare. I ordered the Avgo Lemeno
(Greek Soup with chicken, lemon and rice) and the garlic and cheese bread. The soup was a generous portion in a bowl and extremely hot. Once it cooled down a bit, I could taste the layers of the soup, especially the subtlety of the lemon. The bread was not garlicky enough for my taste but was adequate as an accompaniment to my soup.

They have a large selection of teas and as said previously, the baklava is out of this world! There is a lunch menu with reasonably priced options and sandwiches that are not available for dinner unfortunately.

The ladies washroom left a little something to be desired. One stall was out and the other stall had the folding door super close to the toilet itself - quite cramped quarters!

Reviewed 30 September 2016

We were ready for something different for lunch and Fournos was a wonderful choice ! Very authentic atmosphere (in the basement & also a lovely patio outside), with Greek music playing (very nice & not too loud!).... My friend & I both had a spinach & feta pie with Greek salad and it was one of the best we have ever had. Highly recommend this place :)

Reviewed 27 September 2016

Fastest service I've had in a long time. Our order was taken, drinks arrived, then so did lunch less than 10 minutes later. Nice outside tables under an awning, perfect for a warm fall day. Prices very reasonable for lunch. Nice size portion. Plenty to eat for lunch but not too big. Wraps are quite tasty. The only issue we had that rates this a 4 instead of a 5 is the Specials of the day. We passed by the front of the restaurant where there was a specials board and decided to stop to eat. It was a nice day so went around to the outdoor patio. After a nice lunch, each having ordered a special, we found out that the prices for the specials board was only for dining in the downstairs dining room and not for the outdoor dining area. Say what? The amount we would have normally left for a tip was about the same as the cost difference in the meal between posted and actual, so we just did not leave a tip although the service would definitely have deserved it.

Reviewed 26 September 2016

We ate here because it was raining and they had a parking lot for customers. The town was very crowded. It was a delightful surprise to see the menu and then have the delicious food for lunch. Service was also great.

Reviewed 24 September 2016

We had a great dinner on the patio. We ordered an assortment of appetizers and they were all wonderful. The wine was tasty and the service was excellent and friendly.