All reviews shirley and mike ginger scones oatmeal pancakes shaw festival world travels my husband and i double jacuzzi tub enjoyed the company wonderful hosts b bs fresh fruit largest room highly recommend this bed and breakfast quiet location breakfasts were great wine tasting three rooms
Reviewed 10 October 2017

Shirly and Mike are some of the most pleasant people you will ever meet. Period. We loved our room, but the absolute highlights were the breakfasts that were just awesome from start to finish. I am going to be incredibly downtrodden making my garbage eggs tomorrow morning because they spoiled us all weekend. We actually ate some vegan food as the other couple staying was vegan, and were astounded at how good all of it was. Also, sidenote, Shirly's vegan muffins will change your life. (Mike, if you made the muffins, I am sorry for not giving you credit).

Overall, I am fully converted to the B&B side, as it was my fianceé that suggested we give it a try, and I would not hesitate to stay again. These are people that deserve your patronage through and through, and I promise you won't find anyone more accommodating.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Michael M, Owner at Merlot House, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2017

Thank you very much for the great tripadvisor review and your kind comments.
We enjoyed having you as our guests and hope you will visit us again when you travel to Niagara on the Lake. Shirley does almost all the baking and I will pass on your comments.
Cheers

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Where do I begin in telling you how fabulous Merlot House is?! Mike and Shirley treat you like royalty while your here. Their 2 course breakfasts are the best food we eat while we are at Niagara on the lake. This is our second time back because of their hospitality. Rooms very spacious and accommodating. Exceptionally clean. Beautiful outdoor garden. Shirley gives great tips for wineries to try as well as free tasting coupons. In addition their recommendations for dining out never disappoints. If your considering a B&B in Canada this is the place.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 18 September 2017

Hello again
It's always a pleasure having you visit Merlot House. Thank you very much for taking the time to write a great trip advisor review. Hope to see you all next year.
Your hosts

Reviewed 25 August 2017

I don't normally write reviews but Merlot House experience was excellent. Hospitality of Mike & Shirley couldn't be better. Inviting in the garden for relaxing and inside, including mementos from their world travels. Breakfasts creative and gluten free items actually tasted good!!! Snacks and coffee always available. Room tastefully done, roomy, fresh, spotless and comfortable. Location convenient. No negatives.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 27 August 2017

Hello Again
Thanks for taking the time to write a great trip advisor review. We also appreciate your kind words and we are happy you enjoyed your stay at Merlot House. Please visit us again if your travels take you to Niagara on the Lake.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

We stayed at the Merlot House with another couple while we were there going to Niagara Falls. We met the owners of the Bed and Breakfast and knew from the start that we had made a great choice. By the time we left, we felt like we were leaving our family there. Mike and Shirley, made us feel like we were part of their family during our stay with them. The breakfasts were GREAT! They also gave us many tips on what to see and do while we were there. We will for sure stay with them again if we are in their area. Mike's oatmeal pancakes are to die for!! He even give me the recipe for them!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 24 August 2017

Hello Mike and Fran
It was great having you at Merlot House. You are the type of guests we love to have stay, and we appreciate your thoughtfulness and kind words. We hope you plan a return visit.
Cheers

Reviewed 22 August 2017

My husband and I concluded our final days of our honeymoon at Merlot House and couldn't have been more pleased and in awe with our choice! Michael and Shirley were incredibly welcoming and such a joy to be around. We will never forget the tastes of the delicious breakfasts they served us, or the quaint, cozy and enthralling atmosphere of their home and exquisite gardens. We could not have dreamt of anything better! Thank you, to our hosts, for wonderful conversations, your thoughtfulness and generosity.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 24 August 2017

Great to hear from you again.
Thanks for taking the time to write a great trip advisor review. It was enjoyable having a honeymoon couple stay at Merlot House and we are pleased you enjoyed yourself.
Maybe a return visit on your anniversary.
Warm regards