“Staff fantastic, location great, food ok”
Review of Corks Restaurant

Corks Restaurant
Price range: USD 8 - USD 23
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: 22 Beers on Tap32 Local Wines By the glass & bottleCorks has a heated outdoor patio, main floor dining area as well as a private events room that can host up to 80 guests. Corks Playhouse theatre (located on our second floor) feature Rocky Horror Show LIVE, Corks Comedy Nights as well as other fun interactive shows. Visit our website for more information.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

The staff were so friendly and professional, they were on hand for every request and really made it a better experience.
Situated on the high street and looks like a fun place to go in the evening.
No wifi available.
Food was just ok. Pasta and fish and chips was what we ordered but both were not great. A little over done in both cases and slightly highly priced for what it was.
Would go back for a drink.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,187)

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Went with the whole family (party of 11) last Friday and they were able to accommodate us very quickly. They have a ton of beers on draft, but you have to try the local beer from Oast House Brewers. Their daily special was excellent - Pork Schnitzel - and paired well with the beer. The town is definitely worth a visit as well. Cheers!

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Let me start by saying that I can't give this place a poor rating, although I would like to, because the staff were quite pleasant. Our greeting at the door and the general friendliness and professionalism of all the staff was noticeable. We were there on St. Patrick's, not to celebrate, but I imagine it must have been a busy day for the staff and the night would continue long after we finished our dinner.
This was our second visit over a couple of years. We weren't looking for fine dining, but a decent burger and fries with some beer would have been satisfying.
Instead, we got dry and flavorless burgers (beef and lamb) and fries that tasted like they had been sitting around instead of freshly made. I think a bag of McCain's frozen fries tastes better. For a pub style restaurant bad fries is unforgivable! If my fries had been perfect I would have forgiven the dry lamb burger.
If you want beer and appetizers this would be your place, the Cork Beer Flight was interesting, although a Pumpkin beer as the "seasonal" was unusual. There are many beers on tap with descriptions in the menu. Sports on the tv and lots of seating at the bar plus a heated, covered, front patio.
If you want some good food, I cannot freely suggest this place. We have been disappointed both times we tried it.

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

Had dinner there this week. Prices very reasonable for excellent food. I had the special which was pork in a bourbon sauce. My mother had the salmon. Delicious food and large portions!

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Being vegan and fat free is almost too challenging for eating out.
Corks had several offerings and they were all delicious and freshly made.
We were also very impressed that there was even a special vegan menu! Our waitress was so helpful as well as cheerful and efficient. We spent a lovely hour nestled in the glassed in patio, watching the world go by on one of the prettiest streets in the world.
Wilma Snippe, President