“Charming Cottage in the heart of things.”

Review of Casablanca Cottage

1/2 block from Queen street close to the stores and theatres
The best front porch in town, Sunny in the morning for coffee & a great spot for wine tasting later This map shows my two homes as well as the two main theatres and two prominent hotels
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
1/2 block from Queen street close to the stores and theatres
Scotty keeps and eye on things from the front porch
The Hosta garden on Victoria street
Japanese maple and gates made in Marrakech
Your own private Moroccan garden, with Weber gas BBQ, tile Moroccan table and lighting feature
The Library with flat screen TV, Cable and lots of books
A bit of Istanbul in Casablanca with the new mosaic chandelier over the dining table
A neighbour
The fully equipped kitchen with fridge, stove, microwave and dishwsher
The breakfast area and exit to side deck and garden
The master bedroom with queen bed and a private reading area
The 'twin bedroom' with two single beds
The second Queen bedroom has its own deck
The main bathroom upstairs
The main floor bathroom
The front entrance
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
katchef
Lancaster, Ohio
“Charming Cottage in the heart of things.”
Reviewed 1 September 2014 for a stay in August 2014

Casablanca Cottage is lovely, the house itself and both the public front yard and the private back yard. The house comes equipped with almost everything you could think of. However I have to say that as exotic and lovely the lamps and chandeliers are, they don't give a great deal of light, especially in the bedrooms. We would rent this place again; it was truly great.

Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 50-64
Michael C
Ames, IA
“If I could give this six stars I would”
Reviewed 23 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014

Maybe it would be better NOT to tell people what a nice house this was, how conveniently located it was to Queen Street, the theaters, the restaurants. Maybe it would be better NOT to tell people how all the amenities were included--we never had to buy dishwashing detergent, laundry soap,salt, pepper, and all those other little things that make vacation rentals a chore. Maybe it would be better not to tell people about the beautiful Moroccan touches, so nice that folks outside were taking pictures through the window of the chandelier in the dining area. Maybe it would be better not to tell people about the beautiful garden, patio, and front porch. We had a truly beautiful week in this house and the next time we go back to NOTL we plan to stay there again unless too many people read this review and rent it, making it unavailable...

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Perfect location, Gas grill, front porch, filled with books.
Liked least: That I didn't book it for a month, but only a week.
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
24 Jul 2014
Well what can I say? It is all true:) The house is 1/2 block from Queen street, it does have a wonderful front porch and a private side garden, my cleaning people are proud of their work and do a wonderful job. The light over the dining room table was made in Istanbul and purchased from www.palmyradesign.com. I own the home and love it, I like the fact that others do as well.
LisCho
“Cozy Moroccan Retreat”
Reviewed 4 July 2014 for a stay in June 2014

My family and I had a great weekend at Casablanca Cottage from June 27-29, 2014. The house is decorated beautifully; yet maintains the original interior structure of the home giving it a warm vintage feel. The private patio and garden at the back was my favourite part and we spent a lot of time out there! Overall location of the house is amazing as it is just a short walk to the main town.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
12 Jul 2014
My wife and I love Morocco so we named both of my houses after that country. (Marrakech Mansion as well) If you are staying in Niagara the Lake you really need to in the Heritage district where you can walk to Queen Street, the Theatres and shops. Both of my homes are a block or less from Queen street. When we renovated both houses we tried to keep the best of the old and add modern conveniences that we all enjoy. The houses are mine; I love them and try to keep them like I do our own home. I am happy that you and your family enjoyed Casablanca Cottage and hope you can return in the future.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 10 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Overall good atmosphere of property and close to downtown
Liked least: only one parking spot but overnight street parking is available
Travelling group: Large Group
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
18 Jun 2014
Thank you for the vote of confidence in returning to stay in one of my two houses. (I own Marrakech Mansion as well) Both houses are decorated in a fun Moroccan theme with bright colours plus antiques and handicrafts from Morocco. The fact that the houses are located in the Historic district of Niagara on the Lake makes for an easy walk to the shops, theatres and the lake. Thank you for your review and I hope to see you again next year.
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 28 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014

Travelling group: Extended Family
5 Jun 2014
This is my summer home as well, in fact my wife and I stayed for a few days last weekend. We spend a lot of time (as usual) in the garden, removing some plants that had died over the winter and planting new. We to spent some time on the front porch, enjoying a glass of wine after working in the garden. We love the house and I love to hear from others that do. Thank you for your review and I hope to see you again.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing