“Niagara on the Lake Golf Trip Homebase”

Review of Casablanca Cottage

1/2 block from Queen street close to the stores and theatres
The best front porch in town, Sunny in the morning for coffee & a great spot for wine tasting later This map shows my two homes as well as the two main theatres and two prominent hotels
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
1/2 block from Queen street close to the stores and theatres
Scotty keeps and eye on things from the front porch
The Hosta garden on Victoria street
Japanese maple and gates made in Marrakech
Your own private Moroccan garden, with Weber gas BBQ, tile Moroccan table and lighting feature
The Library with flat screen TV, Cable and lots of books
A bit of Istanbul in Casablanca with the new mosaic chandelier over the dining table
A neighbour
The fully equipped kitchen with fridge, stove, microwave and dishwsher
The breakfast area and exit to side deck and garden
The master bedroom with queen bed and a private reading area
The 'twin bedroom' with two single beds
The second Queen bedroom has its own deck
The main bathroom upstairs
The main floor bathroom
The front entrance
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Birdmanof...
Calgary, Canada
“Niagara on the Lake Golf Trip Homebase”
Reviewed 8 September 2013 for a stay in August 2013

Casablanca Cottage was our home base for a 4 day golf trip into the Niagara region. The home, perfectly situated one block off of the main drag, provides easy access to restaurants and pubs, and Starbucks too. No need for a car!!!

The house has 3 bedrooms and easily spelt the four of us. The snorers got the single rooms and the other two shared the twin bed room. We did not need the living room fold out.

Front porch is perfect and served as a great place for the happy hour cocktails and the post dinner drinks. Rain or shine.

Kitchen is fully equipped and with the back BBQ and dining area we enjoyed a steak dinner in the back yard.

The air conditioning is a nice feature and the other amenities are excellent.

We would stay there again and highly recommend it to all.

Liked best: Location and cleanliness
Liked least: The rain!!!
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
8 Sep 2013
Thank you for your review: You have touched on all of the things that people love about Casablanca Cottage.
-1/2 block from Queen street restaurants, the grocery store & yes Starbucks too!
-Three bedrooms 2 with Queen beds one with two single beds
-A great front porch, that is loved by all for morning coffee and evening cocktails
-The private side garden has a Weber gas BBQ, Moroccan tile table that sits 6 and a light over the BBQ for cooking in the dark
-Central AC is a big hit in the hot humid summer months

Thank you for choosing to stay in Casablanca Cottage and I hope to see you again.
Toronto
Reviewed 29 April 2013 for a stay in April 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Rugged travelers
29 Apr 2013
Thank you Kerry I am happy that you found everything you needed. My goal is to provide accommodations where guests can feel at home. I want you to have the tools to cook a meal indoors and I love to BBQ so there is a Weber grill with electric start for cooking outdoors. We love the location as much as you, the horse and buggies going by the house, the shops and restaurants close but not in your face. I hope to see you again soon.
Williamsville (Buffalo) New York
Reviewed 10 February 2013 for a stay in January 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
anaest
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
“Historic vacation rental - a new experience”
Reviewed 24 January 2013 for a stay in December 2012

The house is historic, tastefully decorated in Moroccan style. Overall we had a good time there except the shower on the main bathroom has no hot water on the third day of our five days stay. Don got somebody to come the next day and I think it was fix soon after we left. We managed to take turns to use the basement bathroom. He offered us the use of the bathroom at the other property which was nice of him.

Pro: great location, children walk by themselves to Queen street, the grocery store etc. Walking distance to queen park and waterfront too. The interior is clean, nicely decorated, cozy. Kitchen has most utensils and very functional. The owner is very helpful.

Cons: the heating takes a long time to warm up and the second floor and basement remains quite cold despite heating. We needed to wear fairly warm clothing even inside of the house. Beds were old and creaky. Bathroom heater freezes over. We were suppose to be able to call to 50 over countries but we could not even call America!

This is our first time renting a historic vacation home, I would have to say we prefer the
newer houses with modern comfort. However it was a different experience. Don very kindly gave us the rate for low season as a last minute deal though we stayed over the new year period. For that rate it was a fair deal but I would not pay peak season rate for it during winter. Summer may be a completely different story where I can imagine sitting at the front chair people watching etc...

Liked best: The location
Liked least: Old house, creaky bed and floor, heating system
Travelling group: Teenagers
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
23 Jan 2013
In response to your issues:
SHOWER: I did not know about the problem until the day before you were to leave and I was unable to get a new hot water heater until the afternoon of the day you left. It has been replaced. I am sorry about the inconvenience.

HEAT: When I arrived a couple of days after you left the thermostat was still set to MAX. That would have the heat somewhere around 30 degrees C or 90 plus F. My gas bill for December was double what I would expect it to be so I assume you were trying to heat the house to temperatures you are used to in Malaysia. People from Northern climates are used to a house around 21 degrees C or just over 70 F. You correctly pointed out that the upstairs does not heat as well as the main floor. This is an old house and the heat does not circulate to the upper floor as well as a new home might.

BATHROOM HEATER? I am not sure what you are talking about on this one. There is no bathroom heater. The house is heated by a high efficiency forced air gas furnace new in 2011.

BEDS: The two queen beds are less than three years old, the single beds do not get slept in as much and are about 5 years old. I suspect you are used to a different bed system in Malaysia, that does not have a spring based box spring under the mattress.

PHONE: I wish you had told me about this issue while you were in the house. I have an ACN phone system that allows free calls to many countries. If I had know about the problem I would have had someone repair it while you were in the house.

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate your honesty and I am sure this will help other guests understand what Casablanca cottage has to offer.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 11 August 2012 for a stay in July 2012

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Charming old cottage setting
Liked least: Going home
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing