“Home Away From Home”
Our mansion which sleeps 10 sits on one of the largest properties in the old town. Lots of flowers
The map shows the location of my two homes as well as the two main theatres and 2 of the Hotels In the front door up to bedrooms, right to dining & living rooms, left to library & ahead to kitchen
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
The library, with TV, plus lots of movies and books
Above your head in the entrance one of many Moroccan lanterns
The dining room with seating for 8 and a lovely peace of architectural salvage from Marrakech
The living room with lot so of room relax and catch up with old friends
The kitchen, fully equipped to cook a gourmet meal, with fridge, stove, microwave and dish washer
The 'Lake-view' suite with queen sized bed, TV and its own bathroom
The private washroom in the Lake-view suite
The upstairs Hall with hand made Moroccan light and Lave-view suite in background
The main bathroom with shower and large tub, is between the three upper floor bedrooms
The front bedroom with queen bed and a garden view
The twin room two single beds
We love colour and this Queen bedroom has lots of it
The main floor washroom
Morning coffee on the front porch?
The Muskoka chairs from the Magnolia with fall Crocus in forgrowd
The private garden is perfect for evening dinner and a BBQ
A table for two in the private garden
Looking out from the private Moroccan garden
Old roses in bloom
Some annuals for summer colour
Our Magnolia in spring
The huge front garden, the house is situated on a double size city lot
Victoria street toward Queen street
Entering the side garden
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Patricia...
Orillia, Ontario, Canada
“Home Away From Home”
Reviewed 12 November 2014 for a stay in October 2014

We had a FABULOUS time in Niagara on the Lake.
What a lovely spot you have there! Marrakech Mansion more than satisfied our requirements for the weekend. Your attention to detail when introducing us to the house and area were much appreciated.
All the amenities were provided, the home has generous spaces, beds are very comfortable, linens and towels provided are fresh and clean.
It is a great location – within walking distance of the shops and sites to explore.
The side garden with the iron gate, pergola, barbecue and shrubs is a quiet spot to relax and enjoy the outdoors.
I loved the Moroccan elements in the house. Quirky and subdued atmosphere – the house has a welcoming feel that makes you comfortable.
I have no hesitation in recommending this spot to friends and family who are considering a getaway.
Pat Watson

Liked best: Comfort
Liked least: Kitchen was a wee bit small for a group.
Travelling group: Friends
9 Feb 2015
My wife and I love Morocco especially Marrakech. We have visited many times, loving the colours, the food and the lovely friendly people. My wife imports lighting and antiques from Morocco and as you will see in both of my houses (I own Casablanca Cottage as well) I am one of her best customers. The iron gate guarding the courtyard was made in Marrakech and I have a matching one at Casablanca Cottage. Our goal from the start with this house was to preserve the Victorian elements while giving it the fun feel of Morocco that she and I enjoy. The house is perfectly located, less than a block from the lake and river, about a block from Queen Streets shopping and Theatres. Thank you for your review and I hope to see you and your friends again.
sallyls
home
“Beautiful, Perfect Location”
Reviewed 29 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014

We stayed at this beautifully restored, wonderfully decorated and landscaped home for 4 days/3 nights with 6 adult family members. I cannot recommend it more highly; it was beautiful, clean, more than enough space for a larger group. The outside patios (3 plus a small bistro table and 4 chairs on the front porch) provided seating space for enjoying the gardens, grilling, eating outside and letting the 2 service dogs travelling with us run a bit, though the yard is not completely fenced it is mostly enclosed, very private. It has everything we could want: double washer and dryer, fully equipped kitchen with salt, pepper, Equal and curry powder (you need to bring sugar and other spices if desired), plenty of tissue and nice basic toiletries, and hair dryer. The location is perfect - one block from Queen Street shopping and restaurants, a half-block further to the Value Mart for groceries, one block from the lake and lake front park. It is very peaceful and we enjoyed having breakfast and coffee outside on the patio. We really appreciated the internet and telephone service! There are two living areas and large dining room on the first floor as well as a large eat-in kitchen and half bath. First level up is a bedroom with ?Queen?King bed and small full bath with shower only. On the third level is an additional window AC unit which we did use, and 3 bedrooms with a large full bath with tub/shower and bidet. There is even a little nook for reading a book at the top of the landing. There is a large parking pad that probably could accommodate 3-4 cars

With two couples and two single adult children we utilized the space to spread out as needed but join together for meals and games - we played cards though there are other board games in the cabinets. The TV signal was a bit snowy but it improved as we watched one evening. There is a VCR with many VCR movies that we did not attempt to watch.

If I could improve it at all, I would say this: Sharpen the knives and add a cutting board - I could not find a sharpener to do it myself and chopping onions and tomatoes was a challenge on a plate. Seriously, that is my only complaint and a minor one! It is a wonderful place and we enjoyed it immensely!

Liked best: Comfort, beauty, location
Large groups People with pets
31 Aug 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review. The cutting boards are next to the microwave oven. That said you are not the first person who could not find them. We will find a new location for them. I think there is a knife sharpener in the kitchen drawer but will check on my next visit and make sure there is one. Thanks again and I hope you are able to return in the future.
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 4 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014

12 Aug 2014
We make every effort to maintain high standards. The bedding is replaced at any sign of wear or staining. All bedding is sent to "The Laundry Tub"a family owned cleaning service in St. Catherine's. We send everything out including duvet covers after every visitor. Our cleaning team makes a great bed, much better than me! I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back for another reunion in the future.
dayinmay
Toronto, Canada
“Relaxing Christmas in well-appointed home”
Reviewed 16 January 2014 for a stay in December 2013

My family stayed at Marrakech Mansion over Christmas, 2013. Our goal was to simply spend time together as a family under one roof, and indeed, we were able to spent most of our time sprawled out on the various couches doing next-to-nothing. When we felt like going out for a bite or doing some shopping, it was an easy walk to the main street of Niagara-on-the-Lake where most of the shops & restaurants are, or a short drive to wineries in the area.

The booking process was straightforward and quick – Don, the owner, always responded quickly and provided lots of useful information about the house and surrounding area.

Marrakech Mansion itself is a beautiful home with everything you might need or want – in addition to all of the comfortable couches, there are board games, books from all genres, plenty of hot water for our group of 8, fluffy towels, festive Christmas decor, nicely-laundered bedding that you just want to snuggle in, well-equipped kitchen (we cooked our Christmas Day turkey dinner with no problems), snow removal service...and the handy "mud room" to put all of our miscellaneous stuff.

The only comment our group had is that the main bathroom has a sloped ceiling over the tub, so taller people need to be careful not to bump their head when showering.

In short, Marrakech Mansion was the perfect place for our family Christmas, and it would be a great home base for any other larger group visiting the Niagara region.

Large groups People with pets
15 Jan 2014
Thank you for your review, The house was built in about 1860, long before showers were invented! When running water was installed in Niagara on the Lake, one of the bedrooms was converted into a bathroom, at some later date a large tub was installed under the overhang. I installed the shower in that room, and yes I have trouble showering in it as well. We installed the shower stall in the second upstairs bathroom at the same time, tall folks should use it! My wife and I us "The Mansion" as our home away from home and decorate and furnish it the way we enjoy, I am happy that you found it comfortable as well.
MI
Reviewed 1 August 2013 for a stay in July 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing