“Amazing Wedding Experience!”

Legends On The Niagara
More attraction details
Owner description: Legends on the Niagara is located just an hour and a half from Toronto, within minutes of the Peace, Rainbow and Whirlpool international Bridges from the U.S. This facility is one-of-a-kind, with 1,000 acres of natural landscape that boast two 18-hole championship courses, a 9-hole short course, and an incredible 45-acre, 360-degree, driving range. Each course is designed to offer something different, providing a wonderful mix from open holes where golfers have to negotiate fescue and sand traps, to parkland holes that wind through trees and water hazards. Legends on the Niagara ensures every shot is a memorable one.Note: This is a listing for Legends on the Niagara Golf Course. This is not the IMAX Movie.
Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

What a beautiful view on the restaurant patio!! Amazing service from the servers and the bartender Lou! The bathrooms were clean and impressive! Gorgeous entrance and patio!

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"servers"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 28 May 2017

We played in 2nd half of May. Rained during the night prior and very hard all day up to 1:30pm. So, course was wet. Cart path only. But still enjoyed the day. If you like golfing, try to fit this one in.

Reviewed 22 May 2017

I am one of eight golfers who golfed Battlefield GC . First of, the staff is so accommodating. Their was a mix up between Whirlpool GC and Legends with golf package so on Saturday the Clubhouse staff goes click click fixed ! Thank you and see you next May long weekend. Great course and challenging. If golf wasn't challenging I would take up bird watching. Thank you Legends of Niagara for another great May long weekend. See you next year.

Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

Friends & I played Legends this past summer. Course was in mint condition, but our group had a bad experience with the halfway house. We decided to grab something quick to eat before we started & the girl working was extremely rude to us. She was texting on her phone when we went in & seemed annoyed that she had to serve us. She not once said thank you. She had long brown hair with a nose stud. (Which to me is very unprofessional) When we returned from our game, she was outside of her hut swinging a towel around & talking to the workers (which were very busy that day) It seemed as though she didn't want to be there or maybe was having a bad day ~ we'll give her that. At the end of the day, we had a great game of golf with a great group of old friends. We will definitely be back, just hope we don't see that same girl again. She is working in the wrong field.

See more reviews
Reviewed 15 October 2016

We recently had our wedding reception at Legends on the Niagara. The day was beautiful and everything ran smoothly, despite some last minute changes made by the coordinator, Elise. We had met with her about a month before our wedding to go over the final details. It was very important to us that our guests be permitted to drink whatever they wanted during dinner, not just the wine that was to be served. We expressed this concern to Elise and she assured us that should our guests request a beer or mixed drink, their server would have no issue getting this for them. Then, on the day of the wedding, minutes before the guests were to be called in to dinner, Elise informs us that the bar is closed during dinner and that no one will be permitted to have anything to drink from the bar. I reminded her that she had told us there would be no issue with the servers getting drinks for our guests during dinner and she immediately denied ever saying this. Needless to say, I was extremely upset and unimpressed with being told this minutes before dinner was to begin. Also, a few days after the wedding, one of my guests told me that they had been waiting in line at the bar to get a drink to bring in to their table, when Elise approached the bar and very rudely told all the guests standing there that the bar was now closed and that they must take their seats, I was very angry to hear that my guests were treated with such disrespect. This venue is expensive, and I am shocked that the coordinator has such little class and respect for her clients and their guests. We had a few other issues with Elise during the early planning stages of our wedding. I found her to be a challenge to work with and she was not very accommodating to the wants and needs of her clients. We were bringing our own wedding cake and we wanted our cake to be served after dinner. She did not want our cake to be served and said the chef doesn't like to serve anything he has not made. I was extremely unimpressed by this remark, as it was our wedding day, and I felt she should have been doing anything possible to make sure that we had everything we wanted. Instead, I had to fight to get what i wanted, which I felt was not something I should have had to do. All this aside, the food was delicious and our guests all had a fabulous time, but sadly I will not recommend this venue in the future, as I felt Elise caused us a lot of added stress.

Niagara Parks C, Manager at Legends On The Niagara, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2017

Thank you for your comments on your wedding held at Legends on the Niagara. We have reviewed your notes with our coordinator and banquet staff to ensure that they are taking each client’s requests into consideration and that all staff are briefed and on-board with any changes. I apologize if you felt that this was not the case.

Closing the bar during dinner service when requested by the client is not always well-received by guests, as was the case during your reception. We know that many guests did appreciate the added cocktail service we had arranged during dinner service, but in the future we will let the couple decide on how they would like this communicated to the guests so that they will be less impacted by the inconvenience of a closed bar.

We also welcome outside wedding cakes for all our venues, but our Chefs are sometimes concerned about possibly not having enough for the number of guests when plated service is requested. Additionally, allergy concerns for some guests at your reception meant our Chef would have been more comfortable knowing the cake ingredients before serving it to each guest. We understand that the additional information our team requests amongst the stress of planning a wedding can be frustrating, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thank you again for your feedback. We are thrilled that you enjoyed the venue and your evening otherwise, and we will use your comments to help us continue to improve in the future.