All reviews clean rooms hot water free bottle water make tea place to stay walking distance air conditioner clifton hill motel fridge tv taxi beds attractions falls wifi sleep
Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

The title tells it all. I wasn't expecting much for the price (was about $150 a night on a weekend in the summer). The room wasn't clean to my standards and the pool was pretty murky. The customer service was impeccable - very accommodating and hospitable - probably the nicest people/owners in all of Niagara! No coffee in rooms, but a fresh pot in the main office every morning and all the bottled water you want at no extra charge. I would stay again if the place was cleaner.

Reviewed 25 August 2018

Our stay here was disappointing, to say the least. We knew, when we booked, they did not offer breakfast, but they also didn't even have in-room coffee makers! We had to go to the office (after 8:30 a.m. to get a cup of coffee). The room did not even have a hair dryer! The bathtub grout was quite black and the tub had long black hair in it. Neither my husband nor I have long or dark hair. One day our room wasn't cleaned, because the sign blew off the door knob. When we asked to have the room cleaned the next day, the bed was made; garbage emptied and fresh towels put up, but no dusting and poor vacuuming (if at all); sink and tub didn't look any cleaner than the day before. If the room was ever vacuumed, the canister must have been full as it didn't pick up. The office was friendly and gave bottled water at check-in and whenever we asked for more along with ice. That is my ONLY positive comment. We will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Find another hotel with a hair dryer, coffee maker and maybe breakfast
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

We decided to book on the same morning that we were leaving so the choice was scarce. The room looked like a room out of a movie where a prostitute would be left for dead after a bad drug deal. The only good side, the inn manager is very nice and he offers free coffee and water. I don't write bad reviews for fun because I know businesses rely on reviews. I view this room as a step above being homeless.

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

For a basic motel this place is not bad at all. Once you see past the dated decor, the rooms are clean and the beds comfortable. The air conditioning struggled with the high temperatures during our visit and was very noisy so bring ear plugs or expect to have to turn it off and get hot at night! The staff were so friendly and helpful - provided helpful advice and bottles of water and coffee were available to help yourself. Location was very convenient - walking distance to the falls (20 mins) and a number of decent restaurants close by.

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

Room looked really run down. Carpeting definitely needs to be replaced. Wallpaper is peeling. Very narrow parking spaces. Small bathroom with only one sink. We hadn’t been there too long before we needed to replace the TV remote and then the toilet went south. Not a great way for a four star customer rating to be. Very cheap looking. Staff was very nice though.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple