All reviewsindoor poollundy's laneon site restaurantbed was comfortablecheckin
Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

Smelly, dirty and horrible customer service. The owner is very rude and the keys of the room does not work. I reserved and could not stay room was too dirty and I suffer from asthma. The owner did not wanted to returned my money.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Nathalie K
Necgia, Manager at Travelodge Niagara Falls Bonaventure, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2016

Thank you very much for your candid review of your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. I greatly appreciate your comments about aspects of the room that need updating. It is a pleasure to announce that we will be implementing many of these upgrades to the property within the next couple of months. Our rooms will be getting new mattresses, bed skirts, window treatments, carpeting, in-room accessories, and much more! In taking great care of our charming hotel, our main priority is to be able to offer a very well-maintained and comfortable atmosphere. I hope that I can convince you to change your mind about another visit to our property. It would be such a pleasure to personally welcome you back to our new and improved hotel!

Reviewed 23 July 2016

stayed 1 night at this hotel it was dirty the tv didn't work no coffee maker no fridge staff were not up to the job and the area was very run down

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Reviewed 21 July 2016

Small room, carpet worn and not cleanest, bed lumpy and sagged. Wallpaper peeling and scuffed, security deposit!!? Guess they have problems. The room was not worth the "low"price , to be fair was high summer season, and there were a ton of people in to see the falls. Lots of free parking, easy to find, pool. Desk personnel were somewhat knowlegable. The bright spot is the restaurant - small with talkative and friendly host, food good and inexpensive. But the place needs a makeover.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ward R

Reviewed 18 July 2016

It was my family's first time to Niagara Falls and we decided to select the Travelodge Bonaventure (part of the Wyndham Group) because they were relatively close to the Falls and they had a microwave & fridge in the room (as stated on their website). We were 9 people, staying in 3 separate rooms, all staying for 5 nights, as we wanted to take in all the sights and do all the touristy things.

Once we arrived and checked in, we found that microwaves and fridges were not present in any rooms, even though their list of amenities clearly said that their rooms had both of them. This was a big problem, as we had brought things that would need refrigeration. I called the front desk and they told me that none of their rooms had microwaves and fridges, and if we needed them then we had to call in advance to ask for them specifically, and even then they wouldn’t be able to get them. So basically they don’t have them at all. They have since removed the microwave and fridge from their list of amenities. Needless to say that our frozen items all had to be thrown out.

The interior appeared ok once we entered the room, but we quickly found that there were issues.
The carpeting was terrible. Every footstep created dust, which cause us to sneeze. I thought I had a cold but I didn’t, it was the dust. Only once I left the room did the sneezing and runny nose subside.

We noticed that there were mattresses in the garbage and found out from another patron that this hotel had bed bugs back in April 2016 and that it was rectified then. This made alarm bells go off in my head. We quickly checked on the internet and verified this. Even though the issue was corrected back in April, we still double checked all our beds but did not find any bedbugs. We found that the box spring was in hideous condition and had bad stains on it, but the mattresses were relatively newer. As a precaution, we went and bought Lysol disinfectant spray and sprayed all our mattresses/box springs and the entire room in general.

All of the rooms had card keys, but ours did not work properly. Every single day I would have to walk from the third floor to the lobby to ask for new card keys. They would give me three or four, and when I tried using them, they would all fail and I’d have to do the walk to the front desk again. Eventually one of the cards would work, then the next day, they would stop working. The card mechanism was also cleaned several times with no improvement in functionality. This was a daily occurrence and was very upsetting and appauling. The front desk forwarded this issue to management and they said that the humidity is causing these problems. If humidity is an issue with these card locks/cards, in a location that has high humidity, then these are clearly not the type of locking mechanisms to have at these locations. Card keys such as these function flawlessly in Cuba, so why not at this Travelodge?

The toilet was very loud when it was refilling the tank, to a point where it woke up my wife when I flushed in the middle of the night. One of our rooms had a bad toilet that kept on clogging every few days, and our hair dryers did not function at all.

The shower didn’t work properly. The water diverter valve had seized and we were not able to equalize the water temperature before diverting the water to the shower head, so basically we had to stand in the shower with cold water until we can regulate the water temperature. There was also a clear plastic grab rail which we couldn’t use as it was full of cracks and we were worried that it would snap and cut our hands, so we did not touch it at all.

Concerning the sinks, they did appear very used, but in ok shape. Both faucets (one in the room and one in the bathroom) both dispensed water with a high pressure rate, so much so, that you’d wet the front of your shirt just by washing your hands.

Three quarters of the way into our stay, the air conditioner started making a loud squeaking/squealing noise, so we had to close it at night in order to get to sleep, only to wake up all sweaty. Not a pleasant experience. When I called the front desk, they didn’t even send anyone. Maybe all it took is some WD-40 or some grease? They just suggested to change us to another room. We opted not to, as it was well into our stay and it would be too inconvenient to pack everything up and change rooms just for a night or two.

The outdoor pool was ok, but the water was constantly cloudy/dirty and there were ants everywhere.

We had found that if we booked for some local attractions via the internet, we could save some money, but we had to print out the tickets. Before we booked online, we asked the front desk if we can print out three sheets of paper, but they said that we could not use their printer at all, even if we paid them for the paper/printing time.

The maid never refilled the tissue paper (Kleenex), so we had to buy a few boxes from Dollar Tree. Also never changed the sheets during our week stay.

The stair tiles were moving, broken or missing, so we had to be extra careful when we went up/down the stairs.

Conveniently, the management staff were never there when we wanted to speak with them.

This is a very run down hotel that is in dire need of updating and whose management does not respond to issues. I have stayed at other Travelodge locations before and they were much better, but this one leaves a lot to be desired. I will not be returning to this location and will not recommend this particular hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Read the reviews before you book.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank larry_the_lizard
Reviewed 15 July 2016

Does have Wi-Fi, small TV and both pools are good. They could not provide a refrigerator and the first room they gave us the Air Conditioning was not working very well. They did switch us to another room (without a problem) that had a better air conditioner. Our friends arrived later and were in a different room and their air conditioner wasn't working at all. It wasn't until late in the evening that a service person finally got it up and running. Our room keys did not work after the first day because there was a problem with our lock so they would have to let us in using a master key whenever we needed in. A real pain. Also on the second day at around 4:30 pm our room was still not attended to and I had to ask for housekeeping. When I got back they had only provided 1 bath towel and 3 hand towels for 4 adults.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family