“Agree with other dissatisfied customers!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Niagara Falls/Fallsview

Ramada Niagara Falls/Fallsview
Ranked #41 of 130 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Oakville, Canada
“Agree with other dissatisfied customers!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

I was somewaht surprised to see all the other comments from dissatisfied customers, hoping that maybe our experience was an individual one, and the customer service couldn't have actually been that poor... however it was. It takes a lot to write a negative review for me, as we are typically fairly easy to please...

Similar to those below we bought a "Deal find" voucher night away and based on availability could book a king size bed with whirlppool tub in room based on the voucher. We were lucky to get this room last minute as "it was available" and had an email confirmation to prove it... only to get to the hotel to check in and find out they gave away our room to someone who wanted to extend their stay and that room was "no longer available." We tried to discuss that availability is based on time of booking, and once confirmed and booked it should not be negotiated.

We ended up in a room with 2 double beds and an adjoining room door. While the front desk cannot control whoe stays next door, we ended up with a couple who had a few late night plans of their own that lasted... all night! A romantic weekend is one thing, but those walls were paper thin, especially with the adjoining room door. I would have been mortified if we had young kids in the room.... Again no fault of the hotel since they can't control who stays there, but soundproofing would have been beneficial.

I could go on, but after a few deflected emails to customer service, I am over Ramada and will probably not be staying at any of their locations. Oh side note... the IHOP downstairs is also severely inflated for Niagara Falls pricing.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank laurenball07

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

I bought a $90 "Dealticker" voucher for a one night stay in a jacuzzi room plus several restaurant gift cards. The same day, I booked and received CONFIRMATION from the hotel for a 2 Queen bed whirlpool suite with private balcony...At check-in on February 19, I was told that the room was not available. NO APOLOGIES PROVIDED. I was given a regular room, with 2 Queen beds, overlooking the parking lot, right beside the elevator!...There were no Managers on site during my stay...I contacted the Manager, Brian Dal Bianco, upon my return and he told me he was following "procedure" as per Dealticker's vouchers "terms and conditons". As per the voucher "Rates/Rooms/Reservations are subject to availability". Yes! At the time of RESERVATION, not at the time of check-in!

DO NOT BUY ANY DEAL VOUCHERS FOR THIS HOTEL! THEY WILL NOT FOLLOW THROUGH WITH CONFIRMED RESERVATIONS!

READ THE REVIEWS! THIS HAS HAPPENED TO A NUMBER OF PEOPLE!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Zaheeda N
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

If you want a clean hotel, with good service, cheap rates and a few extra perks when you get a deal then this is the hotel for you.

It is conveniently located close to Casino Niagara and other attractions.

We stay here about once every 2-3 months, we always use the deals on line from the hotel never paying more than $ 99 for a night Which always include a $45 towards dinner at the Keg or other restaurant, free shuttle pass for the two of us, $ off a the IHop for breakfast (we never use this as you have to spend $25 to get the $10 and we just don't eat that much breakfast) and sometimes extras like $$ at Dave and Busters, or ferris wheel discount, Imax tickets...

The hotel isn't huge but it has been renovated, the beds are always comfortable and we have never not had our reservation honored (as many seem to be saying in their reviews). We have even had our room upgraded at a great discount in the past.

It is very busy on weekends so I would suggest a mid week escape if you can do it. We are heading back again Feb 28th.

Tip if you do gamble at the casino you get free parking so leave your car there and walk back to the hotel (less than 10 minutes) saves the parking costs.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

I had been concerned before I arrived, as I had seen a lot of bad reviews, (and some good ones as well)
I recently got the wagjag voucher and booked a saturday night kingbed room, they only had 2 queens available, which was odd but no big deal.
It started off with confusion over the voucher because of the way I booked, and i was about 5 minutes away from my reservation at the keg and thought it was going to turn into a big thing.
But the man at the desk was very helpful and got me checked in and got my vouchers for the keg so I could go have my dinner on time.
The room was clean, nothing fancy about it, but nothing wrong with it either.
Parking is high but it wasnt the 20 dollars of the embassy, after all its niagara falls.
Overall the experience was positive and for the price I paid especially with the coupons, I got a good deal.
ps, dont go to the IHOP, i cant say anything first hand but i havent heard anything good about it.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Brampton, ON
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

My boyfriend and I came to celebrate our 4 years anniversary.. We ended up coming at 11:30AM and decided to try and check in early. We had booked a Jacuzzi suite and it wasn't ready but the front desk clerk named Aly was nice. She told us around 2-3PM our room may be ready but we had no idea what to do in the meantime. We purchased the hotel deal on Dealticker and it included unl. shuttle passes, D&B $20 game card and $40 to The Keg. While waiting for our room she let us have our vouchers so we took the shuttle to D&B.. I found that very nice of them! The shuttle is conveniently located in front of the hotel and the location is really good.. Close to everything! After D&B we finally checked in by 3PM and our room was so nice! Very well kept and really clean. The Jacuzzi was absolutely amazing! It was so large and luxurious. The king bed was comfortable. The sink and washroom was quite nice. The bathroom was very pretty and modern. I know most people dont like city view rooms but we had an amazing view of the Skylon tower. We laid in bed and the tower is right there, smack in the middle of our window.. lights on and everything! The room was a little cool but once you crank up the heat, all is good! The flat screen TV was nice. Ice machine was conveniently located on the same floor. After check in we had reservations to The Keg at 5PM but we were starving by 3:30PM after D&B so I asked to get our reservations moved to an earlier time and they only had 4PM, by the time I called it was already 3:45PM and after 4PM they cannot guarantee us seats! We got ready quickly and ran downstairs to the shuttle which conveniently came on time at 4PM and we got to the restaurant 5 minutes later! (The Keg only holds your reservations for 15 minutes.) Like I said, location is really good and with the shuttle running every half hour it was awesome! The only thing I would really say anything negative about is that the Manager Ashley wasn't very welcoming.. doesn't smile very often. However, I found Aly very nice and she really tried to accommodate us. The public washroom in the lobby was not pleasant. They should have someone attend to it more often since there was tissues on the floor and the smell was foul. All in all, my boyfriend and I would definitely stay there again! We had such a good time and I suggest to get the Jacuzzi Suite. Worth every single penny we paid! Looking forward to our Spring/Summer visit.

P.S. we stayed in room 311. I have uploaded a 360 photo of our fantastic room!

• Stayed February 2012