“Expect to wait for a table”
Review of Kravingz

Ranked #213 of 1,767 Restaurants in Mississauga
Reviewed 19 December 2017

I read so much about this Clarkson restaurant but could not plan a visit until Sun, Dec 10. Heading here I made sure to prep my family on what to expect (small restaurant, limited seating capacity and high possibility of a long wait on weekends) as I did not want them to be put-out in the event we were in for a long wait.

Kravingz is located in a mini strip mall on the southside of Lakeshore Rd W, beside a Rona hardware store. Parking was not a problem and we were able to park right in front of the restaurant. We stepped inside around 12:20PM, the restaurant was indeed full and there was even a group ahead of us sitting (waiting) on the bench inside the door. One of the staff came over, asked how many we were in our group, told us we could be expecting a 20 min wait (we said okay) and wrote our name and phone number in her clipboard waitlist.

The waiting area was packed (with 6 of us there) so we went out for a while. When we came back 10 mins later, the group ahead of us was still waiting and there were more people arriving. It was very chilly outside so we tried to move away from the inner door to allow the new arrivals to stand inside the entry vestibule. Some left as soon as they saw the lineup. I felt a bit sorry for the guy sitting at the table closest to the “Wait to be seated” sign as there were always people standing near his chair.

We were finally shown to a table at 12:38PM, right at the front, by the glass windows. It was originally a table for 2 but with 1 more chair was now good for 3. We already looked at the menu online so we knew what to order and were ready to do so but the server insisted on taking our drink order first. When she came back with the drinks (coffee, refillable $2.25, and iced water), she then took our food order: the flip side ($11), steak n’ eggs ($16), and chicken n’ waffles ($15).

The wait afterwards was reasonable, around 15 mins. Plating was lovely. The longanisa was delicious. The steak was okay, though my husband insisted it could do with a bit more flavour. This is my first chicken and waffles and I have to say the combination (chicken, waffle, coleslaw, dressing) was good. However, I found the chicken a little too deep fried (just shy of being burnt) for my taste but I guess that was needed for crunchiness. I was not a fan of the jalapeño slices in the waffle.

Noisy dining experience—low background music but loud conversations. When we were here, most of the diners were young adults. Service was attentive. The interior is pleasant but compact. The tables at the front (where we sat) were spaced a bit close together. Not recommended on weekends for groups of 4 or more. The separate male and female washrooms are located downstairs.

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Found this through the top 5 brunch list for mississauga. Wonderful food experience. Before you visit, look at the menu on line. Food is so creative!!!

Bon appetite!

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

A great alternative to a typical breakfast place. Service is nice and food quality is really good. The interior is modern and clean. Will go back again

Reviewed 20 August 2017

This place is located in a little strip along with other stores, if you blink while driving by, you might miss it.
I have dined here now probably 5 or 6 times and it is always very good. The choices are interesting and always tasty. The staff is attentive and polite.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Type: Restaurant
Rating: ☕️☕️☕️☕️
WIFI: Yes / Free
Visited on: July 9th, 2017
The service is really good! When we walking to the restaurant we where greeted with a smile from our server and show as to our table. As soon as we sat down he asked us if we want anything to drink. Our server was very attentive until the crowed started to coming, unfortunately he forgot about us after we received our bill. We waited for about 10 minutes for a machine (point of sale machine) to arrive, but unfortunately it didn't arrive. We ending up walking to the counter to pay our bill.
For breakfast I decided to go big and have their "Chicken N' Waffles" with house coffee. Let's start with the waffles. Waffles has made with bacon and jalapeño. When you take your first bite of that waffles with the jalapeño, it was an explosion of flavour in my mouth, the jalapeño "bam", the bacon "bam". If the only offer the waffles as a stand alone... I'm all over it! How about the chicken? The chicken was not overly battered, but there is enough to give a crunch to it when you take a bite in it, even when you pour a heavy amount of maple syrup. The chicken is bone less, but doesn't say in the menu so when I was eating, I was looking for the bone. It will be nice to mention that in the menue. The coffee is typical, same coffee you get in any restaurant.help
This is our third (3rd) attempt to eat here for brunch. This place is so busy you do need to coming in early. They don't take reservation for brunch so if you do decide to come here you should consider showing up before 10am to beat the rush if not, it's first come first served. Would I came back here again? "Oh ya! I'll come back"