“Excellent food & bakery”
Review of Toast and Jam

Toast and Jam
Ranked #18 of 459 Restaurants in Kingston
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Great food & efficient service. Best to go during quiet times, otherwise you might find a line out the door. In that case, visit the yummy bakery & let yourself be tempted.

ToastandJam_ygk, General Manager at Toast and Jam, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Hi There! Thanks so much for the lovely review - hope to see you in again soon :)

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Was quite surprised on our visit. The restaurant is quite large, well lit and modern. Their is a good space between tables. The service was excellent and the food was delicious.....with all the great options on the menu it was difficult to decide.

ToastandJam_ygk, General Manager at Toast and Jam, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Thanks so much for coming in and for taking the time to write a review!

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Eggs on an English muffin are fantastic. Very tasty.... Pricey though. Nice environment, clean and friendly service....wish it was in downtown area instead of location now

Reviewed 2 March 2018

My wife's wanted to check out the restaurant and bakery (Bread and Butter, attached to the restaurant) for a while, so we decided to stop in and have lunch while we were in town. Really nice decor, with a couch and some seats in front of a fireplace if you want to relax, and lots of tables if you'd prefer that. I was hungry, so I went for "Jordan's Breakfast" (3 eggs, bacon, peameal bacon, sausage, roasted potatoes and a biscuit). I usually like toast with my eggs, but decided to give the biscuit a try. Everything was great! They definitely don't skimp on the eggs like some places. These had to have been extra large eggs, and they tasted great. The potatoes were really good too, but my favourite part ended up being the biscuit that I wasn't sure about getting. I expected it to be good coming from a place with a bakery attached, but it was seriously the best biscuit I've ever had.

ToastandJam_ygk, Manager at Toast and Jam, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2018

Hey Dan! Thanks so much for coming in and taking the time to write a review. So happy to hear you liked our biscuits :) We sell them everyday in the bakery, and you can always add one on to our breakfast options in the restaurant!
Katie

Reviewed 25 February 2018

It was 11 a.m., and a friend and I planned just to have coffee and catch up with each other. Although I had no intentions of eating, when our waitress described the lunch specials, I was sold. Quiche and a fresh salad with a house dressing. The salad dressing was made using Toast & Jam's blueberry preserves and balsamic vinegar. Whoa, what a taste bud treat that was. Great flavour and presentation. Our waitress, Solitaire (yes, that's her name), was absolutely perfect in her attention, never hovering, but present when needed. She was engaging and interested in her customers. Add to that a great smile and an award winning personality, and she gets a 10/10. Thank you for the experience, Solitaire. We'll be back!!

41Wendy, General Manager at Toast and Jam, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2018

Hi There!

Thanks so much for coming in and taking the time to write a review! We love Solitaire and her twin Brittany (YES she's a twin!!). Glad you had great service and a good experience while you were here!

Katie