Maple Crest Inn
USD 188
Residence Inn
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 226/night.

Motel 6 Kingston(Kingston)(Great Value!)
USD 93
Motel 6
Super 8 by Wyndham Kingston(Kingston)(Great Value!)
USD 142
USD 139
USD 127
USD 212
USD 179
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Lord Nelson Motel(Kingston)(Great Value!)
USD 105
USD 101
Green Acres Inn(Kingston)
USD 148
Hotels.com
USD 130
TripAdvisor
All reviewscomfort inn midtownsausage pattyfree parking and internetvia rail stationroom was cleanpriced hotelprincess stonly stayed one nightstay there againvalue for the moneyfree breakfasthot breakfasta great staycleaning staffyogurtsuzyhomecoming
Reviewed 17 October 2017

I stayed at this Comfort Inn on Princess Street in Kingston for two nights. Because I waited too long to book a room I had very little choice and ended up here at an inflated price. Little did I know that this was the Queens University homecoming weekend.

Kingston seems to have surprisingly few hotels relative to its size, so it is always a good idea to plan ahead if you do not wish to overpay.

This is an older motel-type structure with one long wing with two levels and no elevator. It is very 1970s and is in need of a major updating, but a whole new structure might make more sense. The lighting in the parking area is not very good.

It did not have a noticeably musty smell, unlike some older places.

The room door did not shut on its own. Someone who was not paying attention could leave without realizing the need to pull it closed.

My room had a single king bed. There was a television and a refrigerator, which I did not use. There was a sofa and a desk.

The free room wireless worked without problems. I did not have any issues with the room climate control.

The bathroom was ok, everything worked. There is a bath with shower.

The place was reasonably quiet both nights - I had been expecting rowdy people but it wasn’t too bad.

The staff did not leave replacement coffee on the second day, so I had to suffer and wait a few minutes longer for my first coffee of the day.

So, by way of summary: Just okay, overpriced. Next time I will start looking farther in advance, I should know that by now.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 October 2017

Stayed here for two nights for Queen's homecoming. Queen's had recommended it. Highly pleasant and professional receptionist....she had just graduated from Queen's Commerce. Had room on second floor- clean and spacious. Beds were comfortable and clean with four pillows...two soft, two firm. Had two double beds. Free mini fridge and coffee maker. Closet was small but ok if you took the ironing board out. Blowdryer should be on the wall but we found it in the closet. Free breakfast is typical motel breakfast- make your own waffles, powder eggs, frozen sausages, cereal, oatmeal, coffee, tea, breads. Outside not that attractive but the inside has been renovated and updated. Smelled clean. Run by a family...warm and friendly. Spent little time in the room except to sleep a few hours so it was fine.

Room Tip: Room 223 was quiet, clean and renovated.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 September 2017

Our travel agent saved a lot of money by booking us to quite low-priced hotels. The rooms were clean. Coffee machine did not work so we had to change it. They kindly changed. Microwave worked, It was not dirty, it was not bad. It was just a motel.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2017

We stayed here for one night. Our room was basic, but it was clean.
Breakfast was included, it wasn't that good though.
Overall Comfort Inn is a mediocre hotel, okay for passing through and visiting Kingston.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

The only thing nice I can say about this place is that the employee at the front desk was pleasant and professional.

This hotel was disgustingly dirty. I thought comfort inns had a certain standard as I have stayed in others and they have always provided basic clean rooms at reasonable prices.

My first room was on the ground floor and for a non smoking hotel the hallway and room smelled like there had been a party there and I was happy I wasn't invited. Arriving in the room, the beds looked like they had new mattresses but there were stains on the carpet and the lampshade had water stains and looked like it was ready and deserving of retirement. The smell of cigarettes is what compelled me most to ask for another room.

The staffer graciously gave me a room on the second floor which smelled nicer but the beds looked about as ready to retire as the lamp in our first room. It was the tell tale round stain on the bedspread that had me decide to leave this hotel and move down the street.

This hotel looks tired and is in serious need of an overhaul.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends