“Birthday celebration ”

Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown Hamilton
Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

If you are visiting Hamilton this is where you want to eat if you are staying downtown.
Amazing treatment for everyone in our party. A specialized menu for a special birthday celebration, so much to enjoy. The traditional olive, feta and mushrooms, garlic bread, appetizers-spring rolls, chicken poppers, Brushetta, pasta, salad, choices of steak, salmon, chocolate mousse....and wonderful wines. Staff made everyone feel special and welcomed. How they prepared and brought out 21 steaks of different degrees of wellness all at the same time was well orchestrated. We enjoyed a private room. Their menu has a good variety and reasonably priced. Although I was a guest I would definitely return. The owners are wonderful and monitor every detail to ensure your satisfaction.

Reviewed 2 March 2017

Have had lunch here multiple times and the food has always been great. After several visits, one has to be impressed by the consistent and high quality food and service. The pasta dishes are the best in Hamilton. The Penne Arribbiata is outstanding. The fish and seafood specials are always very good. The staff are always friendly, attentive without being a nuisance, and very knowledgeable about the menu items. Will definitely go back many more times.

2  Thank mcangemi
Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

Although this restaurant is only a block away from my office in downtown Hamilton, I had never taken the opportunity to try it out. What a mistake. We went for a birthday dinner & everything was amazing. Best filet that I have had in our city. Service was spot on & everyone made us feel very welcome. Our first but definitely not our last visit.

Reviewed 22 December 2016

After many years, my partner and I decided to go to Lo Presti's for a special evening. The restaurant was practically empty, save for a group of businessmen having a Christmas meal in a side room. We were shown to our table, and left sitting. Some bread and nibblies were eventually brought to the table. Our waiter finally showed up, after a considerable period of delay and offered us a selection of wine. We chose a merlot, which was actually quite nice. Again, after a long period of waiting, the waiter finally showed up to take our order. Again, we waited a considerable period of time, only to have the waiter come to our table to say that because of group of businessmen, our order will take longer than expected. We finally received our meals, which were nothing out of the ordinary (though I have to admit that the liver that I ordered was done to perfection). Once we finished our meal, it was again a long period of time until the waiter showed up to clear the plates, and then after another wait, the dessert menu was given to us. It took a considerable period of time for our dessert to find its way to our table. Again, I must stress that there were hardly any people in the restaurant, save for the group in the side room. Yet again, after a solid wait, I had to flag the waiter down in order to get our bill. If this restaurant were truly busy, I would hate to think of the wait that we would encounter. A well-trained kitchen staff should have been able to handle our order without any problems. And the waiter, should have been far more attentive to what was going on. We were glad that we tried this restaurant, but we will not be eating there again. There are far better in Hamilton now.

2  Thank NormanR290
Reviewed 5 December 2016

Thank you to Lopresti's for a beautiful Christmas dinner! We have been going to this restaurant for years and the meals never disappoint us..always so very delicious no matter what we chose. The restaurant was newly renovated and looks amazing..great decor and so beautifully decorated for Christmas. Most of us had the special that night and also Lamb. The steaks were so moist and juicy that we didn't need a knife! The portions were a great size too. The appetizers and warm garlic bread always a nice touch. The service and food is always guaranteed to be wonderful and we can't wait to go back again! It was the perfect choice for a special dinner. Thank you!

1  Thank Josie M