“The service is impeccable”

lo Presti's at Maxwell's
Ranked #83 of 1,219 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: European, Italian, Canadian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Downtown Hamilton
Burlington, Canada
“The service is impeccable”
Reviewed 17 February 2012

I've been to lo Presti's at Maxwell's twice and both times were excellent. This restaurant is definately "old school", what some might describe as old fashioned, but whatever you call it, there's one thing that holds true.....the food is fabulous and the service is unbeatable.

Verner, our waiter on both occasions, was the consumate professional. He paid attention to every detail and came to our table at exactly the right moments. He answered all our questions, offered up wonderful suggestions and was very knowledgable about the menu. In a nut-shell he treated us like royalty. In addition, all the other staff members were also very friendly, professional and welcoming.

Our food was excellent. We would probably go more often if it wasn't so expensive. It's fine dining so you must pay for the quality of the food and service, but it's worth it. It's just not the kind of place I'd visit on a regular basis or else I might spoil my wife! The only minor criticism would be that the decor was a little out-dated. Perhaps it's time for a bit of a make-over inside.

We'll definately go again when it's time to treat ourselves. This is one of the better restaurants in the region for sure.

• Visited October 2011

Hamilton, Canada
“The most elegant restaurant in Hamilton”
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Service is "European" in nature. Food is a bit expensive, but worth the price because of all the "little touches" that make this restarant oneof Hamilton,s finest. A great place for meetings and the larger groups which can be accommodated.. Excellent food.

Visited October 2011
Dundas, Canada
“Elegant Place to Dine”
Reviewed 23 November 2011

Nice decor, broken up into small intimate spaces. Excellent service and great food. Pricey.

Visited November 2011
Mississauga, Canada
“CLASS WITH A TOUCH OF SOOTHING AND COZY”
Reviewed 26 October 2011

My friend and I went there to celebrate her birthday, that was long overdue.

From the moment my friend and I walked in to this restaurant, we felt right at home and we were happily greeted and welcomed.

We were given a choice to sit in a gazebo like area or a table just right outside of the gazebo, we chose the corner table.

I ordered a glass of red wine for myself and a gingerale for my friend. Pickled button mushrooms, Kalamata olives and feta cheese with a basket of bread came to our table along with our drinks.

My friend ordered the stuffed Chicken and I order the seafood Linguine, as per suggestion from our server. It was so delicious, we devoured 3/4 of our dinner but we still attempted to save room for desert. Attempted was the key word.

For desert, I had a surprise ready for her (Trio Creme Brule) with candles :D and I ordered their in house Tiramisu with a cappuccino. Both deserts was TO DIE FOR. So velvety, creamy and smooth.

One of the owners came out to greet us and to wish my friend a happy belated birthday. Also made sure we had a great time, AND we most certainly did!

Server continuously checked on us as well and made sure we were never lacking anything.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for making us feel so warm and at home. We will certainly be visiting again very soon.

• Visited September 2011
3 Thank C N
Hamilton, Canada
“As good as it gets”
Reviewed 12 August 2011

I took my wife for her birthday.
Not cheap, but worth every penny.

• Visited May 2011