“Disappomted”
Review of Purple Pear

Purple Pear
Ranked #84 of 1,409 Restaurants in Hamilton
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Menu prices listed on this site are subject to change.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We were very disappointed. I specifically asked for medium with pink & juicy throughout for my filet mignon but had a fully cook piece of meat and all 3 of us had lobster that was over cooked. Not once did the waiter come by to ask how our meals were after he took our orders & nor did the waitress that brought our meals ask us how we were enjoying our dinner. This is the second time I’ve been there hoping I’d have a better experience and the first time bringing a friend. We were all disappointed. Doubt we’ll ever go back. Staff were cold & Not friendly.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Everyone in my table enjoyed their meals. Seafood Pasta, lemon Chicken and fillet mignon all delicious options.
Desserts and coffee were amazingly good.
The service was excellent.

Reviewed 16 February 2018

We made reservations for Valentines Day. We were greated by the the owner and were thanked for coming (yes they actually want you to eat there) We both ordered the filet mignon and were very happy with our meal and the service.

With a bottle of wine and our meal our bill came to less than $120 which is amazing for a good meal during Valentines day.

I would strongly recommend that you give this place a try.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Very disappointing. My partner had the pork tenderloin which was good and hot. I had the steak which was cold. When I mentioned it, they took my plate. It was returned several minutes later undisturbed... but warmer... clearly it had been microwaved. How classy! In addition my partner had ordered a screwdriver and got straight orange juice, no ice. They have several people serving so no one gets to know you... and no one seems to care about the overall experience.

1  Thank Judy D
Reviewed 30 January 2018 via mobile

We dine at this restaurant regularly and I recommend it to all my friends and family. We have tried most of the dishes on the menu and have never had a single complaint. The vegetables are always my favourite. I never liked beets until I tried them here. And their potato croquettes are to die for! Perfectly cooked steak every time. Amazing lobster, chicken parm, salmon, pork tenderloin, calamari, escargot, ... everything. I'm sick of people complaining about the decor. It's comfortable, old fashioned, romantic and has lots of history! Everywhere else is decorated 'modern', this place stands out and it's beautiful in a different and special way. Its like a fancy 50's kinda atmosphere and it works! I love every single thing about the purple pear. Hands down my favourite place to eat in the whole city. Better quality food than the keg and better prices.

1  Thank Destination749590