“Early Valentine's day”
Review of CIMA Enoteca

CIMA Enoteca
Ranked #361 of 1,349 Restaurants in Hamilton
Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

Came in for dinner. Restaurant was very clean and nicely decorated. Staff was very friendly. I had the short rib paperdelle and my date had the rigatoni; both were very delicious (you can't beat the home made pasta). The open kitchen was really neat as you could watch everyone cook. One of the chefs even came out on the floor to answer a question from a guest a few tables over from us. We also had some apps and dessert and took home a wood fired pizza! (So many good options we couldn't choose.) I will definitely come back again.

Reviewed 26 January 2018

We were the first couple to arrive for the 5pm dinner seating. My wife's $12 Verde salad consisted of a bowl of greens and two cherry tomatoes cut in half. My strozza fritti were tasty, however, a little too well done. My wife had the Spaghetti al Cacio e Pepe, apparently percorino is a fancy way of saying KD dinner cheese (and a lot of it), she hated her meal. I, unfortunately, ordered the Funghi pizza. As I mentioned, we were the first couple of arrive and the first pizza to go in the oven. The crust tasted "dirty", so much so that the edges were inedible. I ate 1/4 of the pizza and took the rest home to be thrown out as soon as we arrived. Overpriced, garbage food with questionable cleaning practises. I would avoid this place like the plaque, they will NEVER get another penny of my money and do not expect them to be around for very long. A good sign it is a dump selling crap.... the waitress NEVER came to ask "how was the meal", probably told my management to avoid that.
We were dining on a gift certificate, so we just paid and left, looking back now, I SHOULD of asked for the manager. $100 out the window!

3  Thank dunvil s
Reviewed 18 January 2018

Our party came the week before the holidays and had a wonderful time. We shared appetizers, feasted on entrees and finished with desserts. The food was excellent, the only thing I found a little weak was the cappuccino. We loved our experience and plan to return at some point. The decor was cool. However this place is not huge so is its busy waiting will be part of your reality

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend and I were given gift certificates for Christmas and we're excited to visit them after checking their dishes on social media. We're arrived and to our surprise took about 7 minutes before the greeter looked up at us, we were told an hour wait for a table (which is okay) we hung our jackets and on the inside there is a standing location where you can order drinks, after about 20 minutes we were greeted for beverages, about another 15 minutes later we were told our table was ready, so I headed to the bar myself to pick up the drinks and pay that Bill before we sat, upon several people confused and another few minutes I paid my $25 bill for 1 cocktail and a beer $9 (collective arts) we walked over to our table, it was not cleared off, in which another hostess told us to go back and wait, another 10 minutes again they seated us. Pretty bumpy / awkward visit so far. After we got seated our waitress was great, attentive and on the ball. We got 2 appetizers, the bread and olives and the strozza fritti, both were amazing. My guest got the short rib pasta, I got the Bomba pizza (meat lovers). We had no complaints, both done very well. I'd love to come back and check more of the menu, really hope they can figure out the hosting logistics and the bar menu could some attention paid to it, it meals and the beers are too much for local brew. Overall the food made up for the bumpy start.

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

My wife and I had been here once before about 2 weeks after the restaurant had opened. At that time we were told they weren’t taking reservations because they were still trying to get a grip of their needs. Our subsequent visit was a total disappointment. The food came out as if it had been under a heat lamp, the wine which we ordered was unavailable and the wine which the bartender recommended as a substitute was 3 times the price. Thankfully I was aware of the cost before our server got a chance to
open it.

The lack of reservations and seating times effects the service and the kitchen staff, and it’s easy to see that they’re never caught up and constantly in the weeds with managing table service. There are plenty of good Italian restaurants in Hamilton. Do yourself a favour and spend your cash somewhere else. This place will be lucky if it lasts a year.

4  Thank Handsome_Rob76