“When first opened it was great but not anymore.”
Review of Moxies - CLOSED

Moxies
Price range: USD 20 - USD 78
Cuisines: Canadian, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Our first time here 2 years ago was great, delicious food and excellent service. We have had friends join us on several occasions since then, and each time our favorite dishes were disappointing. The restaurant is very noisy, more like a busy bar then a high class dining facility and you can get better food in Guelph at these high prices.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Been coming here on and off for a number of years (Valentine's Day, Birthdays, etc) and everything seems to go progressively downhill. Service is slow and less than mediocre. Food is not anywhere near where it used to be. There are newer, better options in the city

Reviewed 1 February 2014

Food was really nice and the server was efficient. Price was reasonable. Its a good option for friends out or families.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Ordered the veggie burger and a specialty salad. Thank goodness I got the salad as well as the burger, because the burger was terrible, but the salad was delicious. If you are a vegetarian, there aren't too many options here.

The lamps hung down to low near to the table.

We were one of the last people seated, but nevertheless, I didn't like feeling rushed by the waitress and other staff who asked us how we were doing 4 times.

Won't be back.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

My wife and I had a dinner to celebrate personal a event. We had dined here before, and enjoyed our previous visits. The server was very nice, but seemed to be a little nervous, maybe new, but certainly took good care of us. The restaurant is relatively new, and the interior looked great. There were a couple of guys walking around wearing headsets and asking if everything was ok, it was kind of weird, like they were cops or security or something. I felt that if I complained about something I might be taken into the back room for interrogation. We ordered appetisers, which were both great. I ordered a steak with baby potatoes, the steak was done as ordered, but the potatoes were very undercooked, almost crunchy. Then my wife ordered a dessert and I asked for Drambuie, which was served in a sticky, overflowing shot glass. Mental note: ask specifically for a snifter when you want a snifter. I was able to pour it into an empty wine glass that was on the table. The waitress didn't even notice.