“Downhill so soon”
Review of My Thai Guelph

My Thai Guelph
Ranked #78 of 428 Restaurants in Guelph
Price range: USD 6 - USD 16
Description: Authentic Thai food in downtown Guelph. Gluten free and vegan available options for value customers. "Experience the Exquisite Taste of Thai"
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Nice when it first started, food quality have already been lowered to local standards. Much more expensive since opening, so value has lowered and service, well pretty scattered as usual.

$30 pp for a light lunch where I had their 'special', is terrible value.

Taste of northern thai pork curry insipid.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Love the freshness and great service done in or take out.
Lots of gluten free options.
Staff is friendly .

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 10 March 2018

This restaurant is in a good spot downtown. The food we had was quite good and there was nothing wrong with the service, but honestly, nothing really knocked my socks off. The lunch menu was quite small but still had enough to choose from. I had the Penang curry and I enjoyed my lunch. It isn't the best, or most authentic Thai food in town, but it's downtown and you can sit down to enjoy it rather than order take-out.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Full disclosure, it may not be the restaurants fault???
We ordered a meal through “just-eat.ca” as we had had a busy weekend and just didn’t feel like cooking or even going out
After almost an hour after the promised delivery time, we started to push back with just-eat. Suddenly we get a call directly from the restaurant. (Coincidence? Hmmmmmmm..got to wonder). Food is on the way.
So, nearly 2 hours after we order our food, we get it. It’s OK, but not spectacular at all. Tastes like maybe it’s been sitting around for about an hour waiting to be delivered.
We’re prepared to assume it’s the delivery service (just-eat) fault and will try the place again. However, next time we’ll eat in.
Too many bad experiences with “just-eat”. Won’t use them again and suggest that My Thai would do themselves a favour by disassociating themselves with questionable delivery service.
In my opinion, Na-Ha-Thai Kitchen on York Rd is still the best in Guelph. They don’t use just-eat, and I think I understand why

BTW, My Thai Guelph’s website suggests calling or emailing with orders or enquiries. We did send an email. 2 hours later we finally got a response. I get it..busy night..email may not be the best method to communicate..however, don’t suggest it if you’re not going to monitor it.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 3 March 2018

There is very good Thai food here. The waiters and staff are quite interested in helping me and give great service which matches the great food.
I always have a nice time here
I will definitely go back, perhaps tomorrow evening

Date of visit: December 2017