I stayed at Casilda house with my hubby for a night when we visited Port Arthur recently. We simply love this place. Very pretty house. We got the room with windows facing the waterfront. Unfortunately, we didn't spend much time in the room in the day as we stayed at Port Arthur for the historic ghost tour.
What we love about Casilda house:
1) Kathy and Tony are the most amazing hosts around. Extremely friendly and considerate. We were felt bad that we made them worry unduly for our safety as we didn't inform them that we will be joining the Port Arthur ghost tour (last minute decision). Kathy even tried to reach me on my mobile phone which unfortunately had no signal on Port Arthur!!
And their family dog... pretty and friendly!
2) Fantastic breakfast! We felt like king and queen coz' we had the entire breakfast spread to ourselves.
3) Room was very nicely decorated. Bed and pillows were nice and soft. Spacious and clean. Had a good night's sleep.
4) Really well decorated living room, dining room and kitchen! I love the stove. Looks really classic.
5) Location. Quiet. By the water front.
6) Real value for money.
What more could one possibly asked for?
If I had more time, I would have stayed on to chit chat with Kathy for the whole afternoon. She's just so... NICE.
And if I ever return to tassie again, I'm going to stay with her for a week. Maybe she will teach me how to make some fruit jam and preserves... yummy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casilda House B&B is now closed permanently as from April 30th, 2016 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Casilda House B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casilda House B&B Dunalley, Tasmania