“A perfect hideaway”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

PWL_10
London, United Kingdom
“A perfect hideaway”
Reviewed 13 November 2010 for a stay in October 2010

If you want a place to get away from it all then this is fabulous.

Plenty of space and very cosy. Close enough to towns to buy shopping.

The journey there is a difficult drive, which you do get used to but its remoteness is part of the charm, it isn't a sightseeing base but we did go to Camiaore or PietraSanta every other day. In fact the directions to the property take you via PietraSanta which you should bear in mind is the harder drive.

I'd definitely recommend buying your food at the Co-op as suggested for a 2-3 days before you drive up to the property. Gives you a real chance to unwind and read the Visitors Book.

The Visitor Book tells the same message, most people don't venture out that much but it does give you lots of helpful info about how to get the best out of the property and surrounding area. It also emphasises that everyone has a wonderful time.

I do have a niggle. The property suffers from damp coming through walls downstairs, mainly the kitchen. There was mould in a kitcen cupboard and the spores really hit my nose when opened the door. But we didn't need the cupboard. The second bedroom also smelt very damp. To counter it, we did go in October when it was cold and there had been a lot of rain this year. I would love to go back but will be sure to check whether people are mentioning damp next year if at the same time of year. In Summer months it may not be an issue at all.

That's a lot of negative writing which is a pity because actually we had a wonderful time in a wonderful place and I highly recommend it.

To get away from it all, it is superb.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway A romantic getaway
Older travelers
Management Response
13 Nov 2010
I'm glad you enjoyed it. We'll ask the owner to look into the damp problem and shall check the property next spring before the first visitors. Thanks for telling us!

best wishes,

Dan Wrightson

-----update 20-03-2011----
The owner has just told us they managed to track down the source of the damp and solve the problem! Thanks for letting us know, and here's to a dry and sunny 2011! all the best, Dan Wrightson
Glasgow
Reviewed 22 October 2010 for a stay in August 2010

Location Cleanliness
Liked best: The remoteness.
Liked least: The insects.
Your age range 25-34
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Families with teenagers
Tourists Large groups

Your age range 45-54
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Tourists
Luxury-minded travelers Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing