“Amazing roSt beef sandwich and baked potato”

Green Acres Family Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 124 Restaurants in Fort Erie
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 July 2015

I can't have anything else when I go there..the beef just draws me in...but my husband has tried everything, and there isn't a thing on the menu he doesn't like.

My boys come with us and all 3 take forever to decide amongst their 5 favoritez.

Huge portions, great prices, awesome food

1  Thank Val K

Reviewed 5 July 2015

The one GOOD good thing about this place is that it continues to live up to its reputation of giving huge portions of food at a decent price and quality. The need for a doggy bag also is a must unless you have a bottomless pit or have not eaten in several days.
The BAD is the entire place is in dire need of a face lift, inside and out. The mens washroom needed repainting on the walls and even the plumbing at the urinals had the paint peeling off the pipes with rust showing. Outdated sink and faucets from years gone bye still function fine but leave you with the mood of walking into something from 1995. Another pet peeve I have with many restaurants, including this one, is the fact that to leave the washroom, the doorknob has to be handled to open the door as it clicks shut when it closes. I just washed my hands before eating and now I have one hand contaminated with God knows what from the last 50 guys that handled the doorknob before me. A simple and cheap fix is to remove the doorknob and allow the door to be pushed open from the inside with your arm or foot.
The UGLY,,,very UGLY thing is in the main sitting area. There are 2 large windows facing the parking lot that have lost their seal and now are filled with moisture or a fog like look that is horrible. It looks like it has not been cleaned in 10 years because of the damaged window seal and brings the mood to a low inside this room. If nothing else, replace these 2 windows then take down all them "collector plates" from the 1980"s that are framed inside boxes mounted on the walls everywhere.
Would I return? As much as the value is high as far as price and volume of food, I would go somewhere else next time in the area because of the gloomy mood

1  Thank monkeyguy11
Reviewed 1 July 2015

Great family restaurant, the service is fast, huge portions (you nearly always take a doggie bag home) and without saying the food is excellent. The prices are great and you certainly get a lot of food for your money. We go there quite often. Have also been for lunch and again, delicious and plentiful.

Reviewed 9 June 2015

This has got to be one of the best if not the best fish dinner you can buy for less than $12.00 Canadian. Always hot and perfectly cooked to perfection. And to satisfy an Easterner who was brought up on seafood and knows a thing or two about how it should be cooked you must have done it right. We go several times a year by ourselves or with family for a get together and always have the fish. The restaurant is a little dated (circa the 70's) but you don't go there for the décor you go for the food, especially the fish dinner. When you visit the Niagara area this should be on your list of go to places to eat.

Reviewed 20 May 2015 via mobile

This place is a dump. Quality in customer service has drastically gone down hill. I had ordered a prime rib sandwich. I had that wonder bread type underneath my meat so hardly a sandwich. Also asking for another drink or more horseradish took 20 minutes. Did I get an oh I'm sorry it took too long? No. That's why I don't tip to these lazy servers anymore.

1  Thank Justin E