“Professional and Hospitable” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Cambridge
Scarborough
“Professional and Hospitable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2011

The staff at this hotel were nothing less than professional and hospitable. Their genuine care for our team was evident when they initiated calling neighbouring restaurants to make dinner reservations for 40 people, without hesitation. When that didn't work, they arranged delivery of a large meal to their freshly organized meeting room, at the perfect time for our team dinner. The rooms were comfortable, clean and fresh.
All of this and more, for a very reasonable price.
I had the opportunity of staying here the very next weekend as well. Again, without hesitation they were able to provide me with not only a room, but it was upgraded without question, to suit my needs.
The Super 8 Cambridge is undergoing some renovations, but this was not obstructive or hindering to the guests whatsoever.
Other larger hotel chains should take lessons from the staff at this Super 8.

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank 2patient

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2011

I needed a quick place to crash before a very early meeting in Waterloo and decided to give the super 8 a try. I was greeted by friendly staff and after a bit of conversing told me they would give me one of their newly renovated rooms.

I was impressed. I ended up reading a few reviews on my laptop about the place after checking in (yeah I was bored) and I couldn't believe how many negative things were said about the hotel. I liked the way management responded to the 2009 era comments and I must say there has been tremendous improvements. The room is clean, towels fresh, and a spotless washroom. To top it off there is FLAT SCREEN TV'S!!! Which is very unusual for hotels in this price range. It's obvious there has been major renovations. I took a peek down the "employees only, construction zone and it was clearly a hallway left over from the previous management. Yes I can understand why there were negative reviews, but those areas of the hotel are closed off. Everything thats open to the public is clean and well kept.

The lobby is actually quite impressive and the staff was all friendly.

I was really impressed with breakfast, lots of variety and more then enough to get your day started. I usually skip continental breakfasts since i'm not a fan of cereal but this breakfast had lots of variety.

I ended up making a bit of small talk with the manager and he told me the reason they bought the place is to clean it up and change it's image. They're doing a good job and I really would focus on the reviews that were posted recently and not the ones from 2009 and earlier.

The place is right off the 401 so it's a no brainer for the quick in / out stays. They are currently renovating their restaurant / bar but they have some watering holes nearby in case your looking for a night cap ;)

Plenty of shopping and stores around, close to a wal mart in case you need to stock up on goodies for the road.

Next time I have early meetings in Waterloo I will be basing myself out of the super8.

Good job guys, keep up the hard work!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank HotelsRboring
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2010

A family medical emergency had brought me to Ontario and when all was well I left for the Cambridge area. 3 Nights of disgust. First morning a hooker was knocking on the door looking for Ricky!! Second day I moved a chair and found a blood soaked towel and when I reported it they did nothing. I would think a new room would be in order. Third and thank God the final night women screaming and horrible crashing and smashing noises from some other room. This was the WORST experience ever. Do not EVER stay there. I am traumatized for life and would never stay in ANY Super 8 again as long as I live. I purchased my own linen and a bottle of Lysol spray just to sit in the room.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank macattack7
London, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2010

Easy access to 401 and shopping malls. Beds & bathroom very clean (shower hot & plentiful). Enjoyable continental breakfast. Outdoor pool clean, refreshing and a real bonus. Although the hotel is experiencing some renovation pains, the management and staff are more than accommodating: they go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable. I very much enjoyed my weekend there, am eager to return soon, and would highly recommend this motel to anyone who appreciates cleanliness, comfort and value.

• Stayed July 2010
1 Thank pkriz
Dietenheim, Germany
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2010

We were on our roundtrip through Canada on vacation with young kids. We booked the Motel on Internet so we had to stay there. Our kids walked over the carpet wearing socks. After 10 minutes the socks becam dark, so that carpet hasn' t been cleaned for months. The bedspread had a lot of spots, which you don't want to know where they came from. In the morning the cleaning staff lined up at the coffe machine keeping the customers from getting coffee. This cleaning staff did not take their work seriously, which might be the reason for the "clean" rooms. On the toast in the breakfast room there was mildew. We would not stay there again.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank funtraveller068
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cambridge
0.1 km away
Comfort Inn Cambridge
#8 of 10 in Cambridge
0.6 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Kitchener

Been to Super 8 Cambridge/Kitchener/Waterloo Area? Share your experiences!