“Clean, quiet, comfortable.”

Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Burlington
BC
“Clean, quiet, comfortable.”
Reviewed 7 November 2010

Stayed alone for one night. Got a good rate since there were several of us staying while attending a nearby wedding. Location is convenient. Staff were friendly and helpful. Room was quiet, clean and comfortable. I was at the back of the hotel, away from the highway. The hot breakfast was nice. Overall a good stay!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank 10161

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 22 April 2010

We've just completed a 5 1/2 week road trip covering 9000 miles. The Admiral Inn was one of the BEST overnight stays. I believe it is recently remodeled and may still be in the process. We had a King room (#101) that was very nice and super clean at a reasonable rate. The furnishings and TV appear brand new. The breakfast was a typical '3 diamond' type with waffles, etc., and was nicely presented. As retired innkeepers we highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LoveBonaire
ottawa
Reviewed 25 February 2009

If I travel on business, the company pays to keep me happy. When I am on my own dime, I look for cheap and comfortable, unless I am on a special trip. Visiting my mother in hospital, I opted to stay here, although I was a little hesitant when I saw the reviews. This place is very nice! Noooo its not the Chateau whatever, but its clean, quiet, the front desk was very nice and polite. Yes I took a room at the back due to another reviewers comment (QEW). The great thing is I am a smoker but got a non smoking room because the rooms on the second floor have a private balcony! For a nite or two at this price? yep!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled solo
3 Thank juststeve57
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 29 January 2009

I had booked two nights at the Admiral Inn through Expedia. When I arrived the road sign mentioned a price $13 per day lower than what Expedia had quoted. (There are no prices on the hotel's own website). The hotel was not willing to give me the room at the lower advertised price.
However I was almost asleep when some large group of male teenagers arrived at 11PM. That was the end of the peace and quiet: banging doors, shouting, talking in the hallways. It did not quiet down until 1AM.
A big part of the problems is that the walls seem to be woodframe and every sound can be heard. In fact I could follow all the conversations that were held in the room next to mine.

So no, I will not go there again. I canceled my reservation for the second night and went to the Quality Inn where I paid $10 less that at the Admiral.

• Liked — close to the meeting place
  • Disliked — noisy. thin walls. Snow removal at 1:30AM outside my window
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank 6continents
hamilton
Reviewed 3 September 2007

don't leave a bottle of champagne awith staff ahead of time for your special night as they steal it and then treat you like it is your fault!

Stayed September 2007