“Good find!”

Reserve with OpenTable
Sociable Kitchen & Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 284 Restaurants in Brantford
Price range: USD 5 - USD 15
Description: The Brantford Sociable is a team of individuals, banded together by an affinity for community, creativity and culture. Our culinary brigade is lead by Executive Chef Eric Pless. There are no short cuts to excellence. Every plate is a Moment of Truth. Our food is here for the common good - locally sourced when at all possible, scratch cooking! We believe our purpose is creating, curating and integrating the incredible food, crafted beverages, people, music, design and ideas we love into an experience that represents our own unique and authentic point of view.
Reviewed 17 May 2018

What a fun restaurant to randomly find while in town. We found the tables to be a bit tight as they are trying to fit as many people in as possible. Music was loud for a Saturday at 3pm. But this is our personal opinions and this does not impact our overall review and experience. The price of our meals were reasonable and the menu selection was wonderful with many choices. I had the cobb salad and my request for dressing to be on the side was accommodated. Delicious! My boyfriend had the pulled pork which we found to be a bit dry but rather tasty despite. Our waitress was prompt and friendly. Washrooms were clean and maintained. We are not in Brantford often but we will recommend this restaurant to anyone who will be heading out that way.

TheCharcoalGroup, Public Relations Manager at Sociable Kitchen & Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

Thanks so much for your review! We're happy you stumbled upon us while in town!

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

Food came and was cold. French fries were still potatoes but it was rectified with courtesy. Homemade ketchup was not my taste but many seemed to be enjoying it.

TheCharcoalGroup, Guest Relations Manager at Sociable Kitchen & Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

Hey Tanya,

Thank you for visiting SKT and for taking the time to review your most recent visit. It sounds like we definitely missed the mark during your last visit. Please understand that we do pride ourselves on these three qualities of our great restaurant and assure you we will pass along your notes to the appropriate team members.

That being said I would like to personally invite you back to our establishment. If given the chance, I believe we could make your next experience a home-run.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience.

Best,
Bailey Wilson
Guest Services Manager
bwilson@charcoalgroup.ac
519 751 4042

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

I have eaten all over the world and this was the absolute best dining experience I have ever had with my family. Right from the very beginning, we were treated to a beautiful and delightful atmosphere. The entertainment (Saxation for Mother's Day) was phenomenal to listen to, our waitress Alora was an absolute sweetheart who offered incredible service with a smile, laugh, and familial feeling, and the food... it really was obvious that the chef was well trained and loves what he does. Even the runners were so amazing and accommodating. The management, Mark, was really nice and clearly took pride in his work. Even though I live five hours away, I will definitely be going back. Highly recommend it!!!

Thanks so much, Kimberly! We're so glad you enjoyed your Sociable experience. We'd love to have you back!

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

Food is always great and a good variety. The beer selection is excellent - lots of selection and the waitresses are very knowledgeable - one of my favourite spots in Brantford!!

TheCharcoalGroup, Public Relations Manager at Sociable Kitchen & Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Thanks so much, Erin!

Reviewed 2 May 2018

We stopped in for the first time Sunday night about 6:45pm for dinner, family of 3. We were seated at a small bartop table for dinner on the bar side, it wasn't busy but this is where they chose to seat us(a booth or regular table would make sense). We thought okay lets try it.
The food came out quickly and was quite good, we enjoyed our meals, portions for the fish tacos were small but tasty'fries were cold. My lady had the lettuce wraps, tasty, very messy.Why aren't the lettuce leaves separated to make it easier to eat? I had the pretzel charcuterie board, I enjoyed it.
So here is what was not right:
3 people at a small bar top table with the plates/boards the food is served on > they don't fit the table with drink glasses, condiments etc. everything is crammed together< terrible seating choice for 2 adults and a teen.
Our waitress (on a slow sunday) nowhere to be found, the lettuce wraps are messy and we had to find another waitress to get napkins for us. Did not see her during our dinner, only offered a water refill after the meals were done. really inattentive service. BUT very quick with the bill oddly.
The bathroom garbage was overflowing with paper towels, one of the soap dispensers was empty AND it wasn't busy!!
Our takeaway was we enjoyed the meals but the staff seemed preoccupied or distant for lack of a better word.
Don't seat families for dinner at bar top tables when regular tables are available and even when it is slow service your tables. No excuse for poor service, possibly it's just a Sunday thing or something.
Because many like us, won't complain OR come back.

TheCharcoalGroup, Guest Relations Manager at Sociable Kitchen & Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2018

Hey Chris,

Thank you for visiting SKT and for taking the time to review your most recent visit. It sounds like we definitely missed the mark with service, food and cleanliness. Please understand that we do pride ourselves on these three qualities of our great restaurant and assure you we have addressed the noted issues from your rating.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience.

Best,