“Favoriate Indian Restaurant Ever !!”

Taal Fine Indian Cuisine
Ranked #11 of 273 Restaurants in Brantford
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: This is the best Indian I've ever had!
Reviewed 2 September 2017

Always happy with the food at Taal - this has been a long time favourite place of mine to eat.

Price is reasonable considering it is buffet style.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

This was our second visit to this restaurant, the first time we were surprised how decent the food was for the price.It is buffet style,the selection was ok,thank goodness they had English on placards in front of the food,most wouldn't have a clue what you were eating.The food has tons of flavors,and what can I say about the garlic nan bread they bring to your table,it's to die for.
The service it's just about non existent, even to get a glass of water proved to be difficult. I was beginning to wonder if the servers understand english,they seem to communicate well with the east Indians that were at the tables.They seem to walk by our table as well as others not even as much as,a nod.My advice is request a pitch of water,and a double order of bread,you should be good.

1  Thank Jim M
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

While doing business in Brantford this past week, I decided to treat myself to a lunch at Taal, a very decent Indian restaurant in the eastern end of the city in what appeared to be a refurbished pizza chain restaurant building. I had driven past it many times but had never ventured in. It was lunchtime and was less than half full of patrons. Almost all of them were taking advantage of what appeared to be a very plentiful buffet. Yet, being an aficionado of that type of cuisine, cooking several of their traditional dishes myself at home, I wanted to order a la carte this time. Besides, who really wants picked over food at a buffet?

I ordered mulligatawny soup, something I hadn't had in decades, and it was magical. Thick yellow lentil and coconut with generous dices of chicken breast in a mildly curried soup. Yummy! I also enjoyed their Tandoori Shrimp, seven very large shrimp that danced on the palate. It was served over sautéed cabbage, giving some nice flavour and texture contrasts. It was certainly better than wilted lettuce that would have changed the texture and flavour of the shrimp. As a side dish, I ordered the spicy garlic naan, perhaps the best naan I have ever had...pillowy soft with a thinly grilled crust and well-balanced flavour, not quite as spicy or garlicky as advertised but still delicious.

Having enjoyed that meal with a crisply cold Kingfisher beer, it was an absolute treat. Their menu is extensive and, given that I will be moving in the general area in less than a month, thus will become an eat-in and take-out fixture for me and my family.

1  Thank Stephthedeafchef
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Usually great curries at a very reasonable price. Some small things could be improved, however, the service is often non-existent and the restaurant could be cleaned more thoroughly, but the overall food is great with some very interesting curries you wouldn't expect to find in a buffet in Brantford like goat curry and vindaloo.

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

My wife and I were looking for something different this evening and decided to take a chance and drive to Brantford and try Taal. I saw on line before hand how much the buffet was $15.99 per person but it didn't mention what was in the buffet. Other reviewers gave Taal mixed reviews so we weren't sure what we were walking into. But surprisingly the service and food was pretty good. The restaurant was half full when we arrived and stayed somewhat busy when we left. Also it seemed many people were also getting take out as well. The buffet is located right in the entrance way and I thought they did a really good job at labeling what everything was before deciding on trying it. The food looked good, it was displayed well, the buffet area was kept clean and the food was kept hot. I was glad there was many different meat choices to choose from not just vegetarian dishes. I am far from an Indian food expert but for a buffet I think you get your money's worth by eating at Taal.

1  Thank dwbcaa