“Barrielicious....will be back!”

The Farmhouse Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Farmhouse Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 550 Restaurants in Barrie
Price range: USD 0 - USD 15
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are a family friendly casual restaurant serving farm fresh food with epic water views and banquet facilities.
Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

A friend recommended the farmhouse some time ago but we never made the trip. The barrielicious event sparked my interest and the wife and i made it a date night! Wow! Great food. Great waitress. Larissa!

We had the chicken/lettuce wraps, friend chicken with blue cheese, trout, 16oz ribeye steak, Oreo cheesecake.

Everything we would recommend to anyone. Largest steak I’ve had in awhile.

Reviewed 30 January 2018

I love mix and matching all the different food combinations! Its like having a menu twice the size without feeling overwhelmed! The upper patio has amazing views in the summer and the lower patio has lots of shade when its too hot. My other favorite part is seeing the freshly grown herbs right when you walk in. Keep it up FH!

Reviewed 23 January 2018

Wife and I went for the Barrielicious dinner. What is advertised is your choice from the regular menu of 1 starter, 1 main course and 1 dessert. Being seniors with small appetites, we asked to share a meal. That was no problem however, they charged $7 to split the dinner. The dinners normally come with 1 side (which is pretty much unusual for most restaurants) but for the extra $7, a second side was offered. So now, for $37 instead of $30, we got a vegetable AND a potato with our split meal. Whoopee! The generosity overwhelmed us..that is until we saw the dessert. The dessert was off the menu chocolate torte. (see picture below)...now I am not saying whether it was tasty or not but that is because there was not enough for 2 people to even get a taste. One spoonful and it was gone. In the picture, you will see the torte beside 1/2 a strawberry which was almost the same size as the torte. The take out box it is in is about 6 inches square. Now I don't know if this is what one would normally receive when a dessert is ordered (if it is, i would be absolutely screaming foul play for the price they must charge for desserts) but if it is not normal, then it is a bit of a foul to basically tell people that you order off the menu but you do not get what normally you would get. The waiter was upfront about the surcharge but honestly, when the dessert came, it was so ridiculously small that we both laughed like idiots at the sight of this.
By the way, the ribs were very good, the baked potato however was way overdone and very dry. I do not think I will return.

1  Thank Davax
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

This restaurant looks beautiful on the outside
But it has absolutely no atmosphere
Possibly a radio playing quietly in background
Dull room and the food was tasteless
I am always shocked that this place gets good reviews
I have been twice. First time not good but thought
I would give it a second chance
There is nothing redeeming about the place
Way overpriced fir what you get

1  Thank sylviaCanada
Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

Service was good and so was the atmosphere. Ordered the roast chicken , baked potato and garden salad

Chicken was very small with some very dry spots. Microwaved I think. Potato was just ok. Salad was in a glass and very small

$24 seems steep for this menu item.

Wine on the menu was $11 for the house red. On the bill it was $14 ? The manager stated that the new minimum wage in Ontario was to blame and that he didn’t get a raise ? Very strange. Anyway no money was refunded

I don’t see a reason to return

2  Thank avet22