“Pleasantly surprised and delighted”

Painters Hall Bistro
Ranked #5 of 516 Restaurants in Barrie
Price range: USD 6 - USD 25
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Contemporary, Canadian, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: City Center
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Decided to try this lovely restaurant and we were very happy we did. The food and service exceeded our expectations. Would definitely recommend it.

There are newer reviews for Painters Hall Bistro

Reviewed 27 July 2017

Four of us decided to try the Painters Hall Bistro. It exceeded our expectations. Excellent food, value and service. Our server, Wagner, was attentive, friendly and professional. The portions were generous and delicious. For apps, we had the smoked tomato soup, braised pork spring rolls and pork belly with scallop. For the main, we had pan seared salmon and stuffed chicken supreme. For desert, decadent chocolate cake and strawberry shortcake truffle. All good! I will go back, for sure.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

this is a really nice little place that serves great food. The service is professional and friendly.

1  Thank Mougly
Reviewed 17 July 2017

Heard that we should try this restaurant so while we were away for the weekend in the area to celebrate our wedding anniversary we booked a dinner here on a Friday night. To begin with, way too loud to enjoy an evening. My husband and I could not carry on a conversation at all. We went while Barrielicious was on so my husband had the pork belly and scallops which he loved, the braised beef which was just ok and the chocolate cake which again was just ok. I had braised pork spring rolls which were wonderful, the stuffed chicken supreme which was ok kind of boring and strawberry shortcake trifle which again was ok. Service was ok, felt like the wait staff was a bit on the uppity side.

1  Thank formykids12
Reviewed 13 July 2017

Sunday night was our first time ever at Painters Hall, we took advantage of the Barrielicious menu offered.Casual bistro atmosphere and decor with a full house at 7 pm
I ordered the pork spring rolls as the app and was given 3 spring rolls...almost a meal in itself. Spring rolls were good but not outstanding. My husband opted for the pork belly and scallop app as was happy with that choice. I had the stuffed chicken breast, excellent choice was very juicy and flavorful, once again a very large portion. I would go back time and time again for that chicken breast and risotto ,desert was choc cake and strawberry shortcake triffle, both were excellent .
Red House wine that was ordered was of desent quality also
Would definately return, outstanding value for $30