“Large portions for Barrielicious”

Painters Hall Bistro
Ranked #7 of 516 Restaurants in Barrie
Price range: USD 6 - USD 25
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Contemporary, Canadian, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: City Center
Reviewed 13 July 2017

Sunday night was our first time ever at Painters Hall, we took advantage of the Barrielicious menu offered.Casual bistro atmosphere and decor with a full house at 7 pm
I ordered the pork spring rolls as the app and was given 3 spring rolls...almost a meal in itself. Spring rolls were good but not outstanding. My husband opted for the pork belly and scallop app as was happy with that choice. I had the stuffed chicken breast, excellent choice was very juicy and flavorful, once again a very large portion. I would go back time and time again for that chicken breast and risotto ,desert was choc cake and strawberry shortcake triffle, both were excellent .
Red House wine that was ordered was of desent quality also
Would definately return, outstanding value for $30

There are newer reviews for Painters Hall Bistro

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

Went last night for my birthday/anniversary and I loved it. Staff was amazing, they even dang to us and gave us a complimentary desert tray. Food was spectacular and or waitress was so so nice. I will definitely be going back there.

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

We love to come here for special occasions. During Barrielicious is always good because you won't break the bank and their choices are always top notch. We also had a social function here for a Christmas party a few years back and everything was excellent. I had the vegetarian cabbage rolls the last time we were here and I'd recommend them if you like to try things outside the box. All around lovely atmosphere and wonderfully prepared food. Don't forget to check out the cool paintings covering the restaurant walls!

Reviewed 13 June 2017

My husband & I have had dinner here on many occasions. The food & service have always been excellent. This past weekend, we decided to have a private function there for my Mother's 80th birthday party and it was absolutely FABULOUS!! The passed appetizers were delicious & a good variety and the buffet lunch was superb. Plus the staff were attentive, pleasant and very accommodating even when thrown a few curve balls. I would HIGHLY recommend Painters Hall for any private function you have coming up, just be sure to book a few weeks in advance so they can work their magic menu for you.

Reviewed 3 June 2017

I had mussels, rack of lamb and lemon creme brule. My wife had seared tuna and then brined pork and then lemon creme brule. All of these dishes had superb ingredients and were perfectly cooked the way we ordered. Service was friendly and excellent..