Review Highlights
Fun day. Long lines though.

I took 4 kids aged 15, 13, 10, and 8 to Calypso. We had a fun time, though some of the lines were... read more

Reviewed 17 October 2018
MichaelafromCanada
Ottawa, Canada
Fun with fake beach

It's a good day spending time with your lover, with a perfect weather and it's also good to go... read more

Reviewed 29 August 2018
rosid203
Gatineau, Canada
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Ontario
from USD 112.04
from USD 73.34
from USD 11.34
from USD 95.18
More Info
All reviews wave pool lazy river picnic tables bring your own all ages kongo expedition line ups life guards food and drinks heated water season pass something for everyone lounge chairs kids area arrive early shaded areas wait times
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

I just purchased season passes for my family for next season which gave the rest of this year as well. Great deal for $109 each.

Overall this is a fun place with many good rides including areas for smaller children. One thing that really surprised me is the reasonable price for food. Compared to Canada's wonderland where the amount of food that I got would easily be over $60, at Calypso it came to $38 with tax. Ice cream for 5 people came to $18 with tax which I found reasonable.

The only 2 things that really annoyed me are:
1. The employee who processed my season pass spelled my name wrong and then downplayed it saying "it doesn't matter". Well it matters to me and the I'll be getting them to reprint it the next time I go. I'm sure that their employee cards have correct spelling.
2. They should stay open later all season long. 5pm is too early to close.

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

This was a great place to go and keep cool!

If I had a single complaint it would be the $10 for parking. It’s literally in the middle of no where and I have no choice but to drive there. Just charge a little more per ticket and include it.

There are lots of places to sit for the day. They allow you to bring outside food/drink in in coolers. There are lots of picnic tables to “call your own” and use as your base. They have plenty of food vendors too, and the prices did not look too out of touch.

2  Thank Dan D
Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

We’ve been here at least 4 times and love it! There is so much to do and it never feels overcrowded. Best part is the heated pools! Feels like you can stay in the water all day long.
We love to park our stuff in the pirates section and always enjoy a picnic. Quick lines, love how they check your stuff ahead of time.
Heading back this week!

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

Our teens really enjoyed this water park. Renting a locker is a must. The wave pool and lazy river were fantastic.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

What an amazing experience at Calypso!

It’s an incredibly well themed waterpark, WITH WARM WATER EVERYWHERE!! Except one place, I’ll get to that later.

Arriving at the park, there was plenty of parking, the lot was gravel though, not impressed. The price for parking was fair, around $8.

We purchased our tickets from Costco, which is cheaper that buying at the park.

Lockers, change rooms, gift shop and life vest “rental” are all close by to the entrance.

They all have a refund policy, with the life vests being the most expensive, $40 per vest or a single photo id for each vest rented. When items are returned, you get your deposits back.

Lockers are ok in size, they’ll be able to fit the essentials. They have dryers on site, $2 for two minutes.

Picnic tables are everywhere, plop your things and you’re on your way. The park does allow outside food and drink, so bring what you want, except for bbqs and alcohol.

Food and drink at the park were very well priced, $9 was the average price for a combo inclusive of drink and fries.

To make things simple, the park has invested in biometric payment. Load a sub on your desired finger and away you go. Lunch? Tap your finger, beer or drinks for the kids? Tap your finger! At the end of the day, head to the gift shop and take back what’s left on your account.

As for the park and it’s slides, absolutely amazing. The Kongo Expedition was the most incredible lazy river we have ever seen. The kids pirate area was fantastic, tons of water features! Their boomerang slides were also very fun!

The one and only downside was the showers. Amazingly comfortable warm water EVERYWHERE, head to the shower to get cleaned up before leaving......ICE COLD WATER!!

Everything else was great in my opinion, looking forward to visit again next year!

1  Thank 811massimol