“Good location and rooms”

The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Reviewed 19 September 2017

Locations is great being only a couple of minutes from the waterfront.

Rooms are large and bed was very comfortable.

Not sure how long it has been part of the Hilton stable but the breakfast was not up to the usual Doubletree standard. Yes it was 0930 and 1000 is the finish time for breakfast but the potatoes were well past the stage where they could be eaten. No scrambled eggs left and not replaced while we were seated. No yogurt until we asked for it to be replaced. Children in the buffet area handling the bread in the draws while they decided what they wanted to toast. Small things that all added up on the day.

Service staff were doing the best they could and we very helpful when asked.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brisdave
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Good morning Brisdave,

I would like to thank you for your visit with us at The Hollis Halifax and for taking the time to provide your review. Please allow me to apologize for your breakfast experience, as this is not what we wish for. Regardless of the breakfast end time, the buffet is to be fully supplied right up to closing. I will be sure to pass this along to our F&B Manager for his immediate follow up and I appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again.

Jamie

Write a ReviewReviews (1,519)

Reviewed 19 September 2017

Recently travelled to Halifax for work and stayed at the Hollis Hilton. Since I was in for 6 nights I appreciated the spacious suite and small kitchenette area. Location was fantastic. Close to harbour and other tourist type attractions as well as a wide variety of restaurants. Highly recommend whether travelling for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank 519Saskatoon
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Good morning 519Saskatoon,

Thank you for your extended visit with us at The Hollis Halifax. We appreciate your patronage and the time you took to complete your review. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

This hotel has a stellar rating on TripAdvisor, but I just don't see it. The location is great-- much of what you want to see in Halifax is within easy walking distance, as are many places to eat, and the front desk staff was pleasant hand helpful. But....

The shower in our room on had a large window in it. I get the idea that this will let in natural light and even give you a glance to the outside world through the bedroom window while showering, but I'm not a fan of the concept. It would not have been as big an issue if the mini-blinds to the shower window had worked. They hung up and would not fully go down.

When I went to set something down on a night table, I noticed that their were a number of "rings" from where glasses had been set on it. Thinking that housekeeping had missed cleaning this table, I dampened an washcloth and attempted to wipe off the marks myself. They would not come off. The night table tops were made of a Formica-like material, and both tables and the area above the refrigerator had similar marks. Either something had "reacted" with the surfaces, or the rings and smudges had been allowed to set to a degree that housekeeping could no longer remove them.

Not huge things, but I've stayed at too many much nicer Hilton properties to give this place more that 3 stars.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank David J

Good morning David J,

I would like to thank you for your visit and candid review. Please allow me to apologize for the areas we fell short. This is certainly not what we strive for and you have my assurances we will have a look at the shower blind and end table stains. Attention to detail is extremely important to us and both of the concerns you have mentioned would fall into that category. I am also sorry to hear that this particular suite (window in shower) was not what you would prefer. That being said, next time we would be happy to offer a different suite type as the one you were in is only one of many that we offer.

Thank you again and all the best!

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

I did a quick one night stopover before driving to Cape Breton. Late check in, was greeted by friendly and accommodating staff. I parked in the public lot directly across the street, both convenient and cheap (because of the late check in). Wonderful location, I normally stay at the Marriott Harbourfront, but because I was getting in late, opted to try the Hilton. Easy and close walk to the boardwalk, restaurants, etc. There was construction on the walkway, but a huge floating bridge installed so you could still walk to Cows, the casino, etc.
Wonderful room, modern, clean and comfortable. Great hotel that's walking distance to everything.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo

Good morning Mike S,

I would like to thank you for giving us a try at The Hollis Halifax and I am happy to hear that your visit was a pleasant one. Thank you also for the review, as we appreciate the feedback we receive.

We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Great hotel in a great location. Easy to walk to the harbour. Our check in could have been friendlier... didn't really get a warm welcome. However, our room was big with a nice view. Warm cookies are a nice treat!!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Good morning Gillian f and thank you for the visit and review.

Please accept my apologies for the not so pleasant welcome, as this is not what we like to hear. This being said, I will be sure to pass this along to our guest services team.

We look forward to seeing you again.