All reviews valet parking tempo restaurant the club lounge downtown halifax scotia square bit dated front desk staff per day location is great within walking distance hot tub hotel is centrally located hotel room business trip third floor beds were very comfortable nova scotia
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Checking in was as quick as imaginable (had reservation), very friendly & knowledgeable staff, especially for any destination downtown. Rooms are a little older style, but comfortable (and quiet). The hotel offers a small pool and fitness area. They have upgraded the hotel bar and restaurant. For breakfast you can choose sit-down or bakery/cafe style counter order (the energy balls are great). I have used the valet parking in the past and found it very convenient (with 10 minutes advance notice). Since Marriott came in, the lobby has seen a refresher, free business area with Internet and s hotel offers very close proximity to everything Halifax downtown has to offer.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
R m, Assisant Guest Service Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Barrington, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

Thank you for taking time to write a review on our property, the Energy Bites are a great way to start your day! We like to think we have one of the best location the downtown area.

Happy traveling,
Rebecca

Reviewed 30 August 2017

We had a very nice room. The bed was comfortable, the linens crisp, and there were ample pillows, but the frame was a killer. My husband drew blood. The mattress and box spring did not fit well in the large wooden frame. Covered by bedding, one side of this frame protruded into the room but was hidden from view. I would be best to lose the frame and keep the headboard.
The consignor was wonderful. He supplied us with information, made recommendation - which were spot on - and also handled valet parking.
This Delta hotel offers a green option, allowing us to forego daily cleaning for Marriott points. A nice idea.
The air conditioning worked throughout the night, giving us a constant flow of fresh air.
We ate breakfast at the consignor lounge which was an adequate option given our schedule. We had coupons for breakfast at the restaurant downstairs but never used them. The evening offerings at the lounge were interesting and well presented.
It was an ideal location for touring. It was a short walk to almost everything.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Megan M, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Barrington, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

Thank you for your feedback. I have shared your comments in regards to the bed frame with our Maintenance and Housekeeping Managers for review and I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed all other aspects of your stay. I sincerely hope that your positive experience ensures that we see you again if your travels bring you back to Halifax.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

staff are nice, great location. They have a lounge which is small, but really nice. Food variety in the lounge is even better than the Marriott harbourfront. Room is small and dated, but slightly better than one at Delta Halifax (across the st). The amenities in the room are great, especially the mouthwash; personally I think it's a nice touch.

The internet is slowwwww

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments and feedback about your stay. I'm concerned about your comment on slow internet as we consistently hear great things about the speed. At your convenience, I would appreciate it if you could contact me to let me know the room number you stayed in so that I can investigate further. Thank you once again and I hope to see you again.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

We recently stayed at this hotel. Would I stay agai? Probably, but there are others I'd entertain first. If the price is lower for this one, then I'd stay here again, but for the same price, I'd stay elsewhere. Really can't beat the location, just walk down the road and you're at the waterfront, so that's a plus. As for the room itself, it's dated. We booked a standard room, with 2 beds, and they are tiny. My husband and I slept in separate beds, and we're not big people, but figured we'd sleep better than if we shared the same bed. The decor is obviously still from the 90s. It was, however, very clean. The parking is valet parking only, so make sure you bring every single item you need, or else you won't be able to retrieve it easily. I forgot my phone charger, so rather than have someone bring up the car just for that, I waited until we needed the car the next day to get it. So overall, would stay again if it's cheaper, but not my first pick, there are others with just as nice location, and nicer rooms, better parking

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Megan M, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Barrington, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments after your recent stay with us. As we await renovation plans, I appreciate that we are not as new or modern as we would like to be and i would like to thank you for continuing to consider us for your future stays in Halifax.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

It's not as posh as some Deltas I've stayed at, but good nonetheless . Service was great, and while my room lacked a wow-factor, it was clean, quiet and comfortable. This is less a luxury hotel, more a functional business hotel.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

We are not the most modern hotel in Halifax but we consistently aim to exceed cleanliness and service expectations. I'm so happy to hear that this was achieved for you and hope this brings you back again in the future.