All reviews valet parking tempo restaurant the club lounge downtown halifax scotia square bit dated per day location is great housekeeping staff within walking distance hot tub hotel is centrally located hotel room business trip third floor beds were very comfortable nova scotia
Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

Attended meeting for work in the Delta and the meeting space was great! Lots of room and comfortable chairs for a day long event.

We had catering for lunch and break. They were both delicious! Kudos to the cooks. The Curry Vegetable soup was amazing as were the wraps and desserts.

The hotel rooms are very well kept and clean and beds/pillows very comfortable. I usually don't sleep well away from home but I slept great! The rooms are very spacious.

The bathrooms were updated, had new, white towels with wonderful smelling soaps and hair products.

We took advantage of being downtown during the day and even and it is in walking distance for anything you need.

I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Liam H, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Barrington, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2017

Thank you Tanya for your amazing response. I'm so pleased to hear that the facilities and food made your stay with us that much more enjoyable. Thank you for staying with us here at the Delta Barrington and I hope you enjoyed your meetings.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

We stayed at the Delta Barrington in May of this year for a week. The staff was great and really friendly! The room was great and very clean! Free coffee and tea in the rooms and free wifi. The bed was a little high, but very when I got in. Loved that the hotel was connected to a lot of shops and services!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Liam H, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Barrington, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2017

I'm so pleased to hear you enjoyed your latest visit with us. Thank you for choosing the Delta Barrington and hope we have the pleasure of hosting you again soon.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

The hotel is in a great location and staff is great. The hotel could use some renovations or at least some new decorations, the decor makes it look more outdated than it probably is. One suggestion would be to add robes to the room.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I know the hotel is starting to show it's age and we are eagerly awaiting our upcoming renovations. Thank you for choosing the Delta Barrington.

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Delta Barrington in Halifax Nova Scotia for two nights. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful. We stayed in a queen room which was a bit outdated. It did come equipped with free coffee, tea, water, a mini fridge and cable TV. The price per night was comparable to other similar hotels in the area. The front desk and lobby was quite posh but did not seem to match the decor of the rooms. We did not eat at the restaurant but did have in room breakfast one morning which was delicious and reasonably priced. The pool was a let down for me as it the lining was visibly coming away from the pool and there were rust/stains running down the inside of the pool. Also there was no hot tub which was a disappointment for me. The location of the Delta Barrington was great! It is a short walk to the waterfront and only a six minute drive to the public gardens and surrounding attractions. It is also connected to the Halifax downtown link! This was very convenient, we were able to walk to the casino and other shops without going outside at all, this was great as it was chilly some Morningstar nights during our stay. I would give this Delta a 3.5 mostly for the friendly staff and the convenience of the location.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Megan M, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Barrington, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2017

Thank you for choosing the Delta Barrington for your stay in Halifax. It's great to hear that you took advantage of our convenient location and that you found our associates to be friendly and helpful.

We appreciate that our rooms and pool are not as modern as we would like and we look forward to determining our renovation plan soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2017

When I'm on a working trip, the hotel room is simply a place to shower, sleep, and get some work done when I'm away from the client site. This trip was a very busy one and on the second morning of a three-day stay, getting ready to head out for another long day of video production, a call from the front desk to tell me my car had a flat tire in the hotel's underground parking. Yikes.

That's when I met Frank at the concierge desk. He and his colleagues worked out a solution so I wouldn't end my stay the next day dealing with a flat tire and then a five hour drive home.

They got the tire pumped up enough to take it to a local garage for me. And when I finished the next day, all I had to do was check out, get a cab to the garage, and head for home.

When I told Frank that I was on the verge of panic because I couldn't deal with the car and do the work I was in Halifax to do, he laughed and said: "You don't need to panic at the Delta."

The room was fine, the location ideal, the staff were all friendly, but Frank and his colleagues at the concierge desk were above and beyond.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Liam H, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Barrington, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2017

G B, thank you for sharing this with us. We here at the Delta Barrington always do our best to ensure when you stay with us, it is seamless and effortless. I will pass on your great comments to Frank and the team. I'm so pleased to hear we made your stay exceptional and hope we have the honour of hosting you again.