All reviews main building boutique hotel halliburton house grand suite great location continental breakfast free parking no lift small hotel downtown halifax within walking distance mobility issues third floor yogurt boiled eggs nova scotia double bed
Reviewed 11 November 2015

This hotel is in a great location, has character and a friendly, helpful staff. The room was charming and well-equipped. I felt well taken care of and I would certainly stay here again or recommend it to others.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 9 November 2015

A great location with wll appointed and comfortable rooms. Friendly and knowledgeable staff at all levels from front desk to cleaning personnel gives the Halliburton that added touch. The combination makes for a comfortable relaxing stay.

Room tip: While they will help you with the luggage you might want to consider lower flor rooms if you have mobility issues.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 9 November 2015

I stayed at the Halliburton for two nights and was very happy with my stay. Check in was easy and fast and the girl checking me in was very helpful with recommendations. There is not an elevator so be prepared to climb up the steep steps to your room. The room I had was not very big but it was clean, comfortable and had everything I needed. The best thing about this hotel is the location. You can walk to everything. I did not take a taxi during my stay other than going to and from the airport. There are plenty of restaurants, bars, sights, and activities just within a few blocks.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Aprilp2412
Reviewed 7 November 2015

This is a lovely boutique hotel just a few blocks from the harbor in Halifax. Our room was very pretty, the staff very helpful, and breakfast good. It was so convenient just parking our car at the hotel and walking down to the harbor. We enjoyed everything about it.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2015

We were hoping for a lovely and atmospheric stay in this historic property in Halifax but we were disappointed. The bed looked magnificent but was not very comfortable and this was made worse by extremely high pillows which forced our necks into very uncomfortable positions. When we asked for an alternative pillow we were told that all the pillows had recently been replaced with these "high-rise" ones and there was no alternative. We ended up using a couple of small cushions from the sofa. The bathroom was annoying in having minimal shelf space for toiletries and only one tiny handrail big enough for a hand towel - no hooks or rails for towels or clothing. What we hated, as an Australian couple, was the envelope left on the bed inviting us to leave a tip for the room maid. If hotels don't pay their staff a fair wage don't expect the guests to make it up. I didn't experience this in any other hotel I stayed in in Canada.

Room tip: Rooms facing the back courtyard do not get the traffic noise from the street. There are stairs and no lift for rooms on the upper floors. A third of the rooms are accessed away from the lobby and restaurant area meaning that you have to go back into the street - a bit inconvenient if it is raining heavily as it was when we were there.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple