1,998 results
All reviews heavenly bed elements restaurant farmers market train station nova scotia an older hotel liquor store starbucks coffee harbour view front desk staff historic hotel bit dated valet parking downtown halifax jesse yuk pier
Reviewed 17 September 2018

This hotel was originally the railway hotel and is situated at the end of the Halifax boardwalk. It's location is good - in easy walking distance to places like the Immigration museum and the farmer's market. It's a standard, not very interesting, very large hotel i.e. impersonal. The beds were comfortable and the room spacious although there was no wardrobe which was somewhat odd. In other words, perfectly reasonable without being particularly interesting as a place to stay.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
John W, General Manager at The Westin Nova Scotian, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Thank you for staying with us Ann at the historic Westin Nova Scotian. We appreciate your business and for taking the time to share your experience. I hope you enjoyed our newly renovated guest rooms and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

I stayed here two weeks ago. My sister and I had read about A/C issues at the property by previous guests. As it was hot when we arrived, we asked the clerk if our assigned 11th floor rooms would be cool. We were assured they would be, but she offered fans "just in case." Ugh. Our rooms never got below 78 degrees Fahrenheit. Needless to say, our 3 nights were miserable. When we complained, they said the construction was causing the issue, but people we spoke to on 4th and 5th floors said their rooms were cool. Hmmm.

On a good note, the lap pool was nice, and the bartenders were very friendly and accommodating to our big group each evening. We were also comped a night for the A/C debacle, which was appreciated.

I had breakfast in the restaurant on morning. I wanted to get a cup of coffee to go. I was told they didn't do that anymore--I'd have to go to the bar. What?! Unheard of. I was also told by a front clerk he couldn't take my post cards for mailing--I'd have to walk back to the mail drop by the elevators. Also unheard of at a nicer (looking) hotel.

Not my favorite place, and wouldn't choose it again.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Than you for staying with us and for sharing your experience. I apologize for the lack of A/C in your room, we are in the final stages of completing the full upgrade to our rooms and the heat the past weekend took a toll on our temporary systems. This is only days away from being completed in full. I will follow up with the team on some of the service issues, certainly not our standard and not how we typically handle our guest service.

Be well and hope to see you back to a better experience.

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

We had a room in the old part of the hotel. Old is a nice way of saying the rooms need a lot of remodeling and furniture replaced. I can’t say much about the bathroom except it’s tiny.

The staff is very nice and helpful Janson the bellhop was very friendly and helpful.
breakfast buffet has very thing one would want

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
John W, General Manager at The Westin Nova Scotian, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2018

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for the feedback on your experience. We have recently completed renovations of all our guest rooms, including new windows in the entire hotel, upgrades to heating and cooling and new carpet, paint, Vynil, lighting, furniture, etc.. I am sorry the upgrades were not to your liking. Hope you come and try us again if you are back in Halifax.

Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

If anything is wrong with your room, don't expect the staff at the Westin to help you. Their hands are tied. Too bad their tongues aren't. They are great arguers. This is the kind of mediocre customer service I expect in North America. But I could have stayed at a Motel Six and paid a lot less for the same experience.

If you are looking for an average room and average quality service, but want to pay a high price, then the Halifax Westin is the place for you.

Trip type: Travelled with family
John W, General Manager at The Westin Nova Scotian, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2018

Thank you for staying with us while visiting Halifax. I am sorry you had a poor experience and am unsure what happened during your stay. Our team is dedicated to upholding excellent guest service and I would love to hear more about your stay. Please feel free to reach out to me directly.

Reviewed 13 September 2018

This hotel has been around for a long time, but it is being updated, and will hopefully keep it's charm. I have stayed at this hotel several times, but this was the first time for pleasure. I like the location of the hotel because it is a bit of a walk to the centrally located restaurants, attractions, etc. The staff are friendly, the rooms are clean, and the beds are very comfortable, so this is my "go to" hotel in Halifax.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
John W, General Manager at The Westin Nova Scotian, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Thank you for your continued support of the Westin Nova Scotian and I am glad that we are your "go to" hotel in Halifax. We are excited with our new rooms product and hope you enjoyed the newly renovated rooms. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.