Hearthstone Inn Halifax/Dartmouth
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Express Lodge(Dartmouth)
  • Pool
All reviewslake banookan older hotelfront desklaminate flooringbreakfast roomspecial thankshotel barcoffee potatlantic superstorea wonderful place to staycouple of yearslittle thingsrooms were very cleanminute driveparking lothome away from homeawesome staff
Reviewed 11 November 2017

Can't say enough good things about the Hearthstone, from facilities, service, staff and the general welcoming feel of the Inn. Travelled with a group and while the Inn does not have a restaurant, they provided us with a 5 star dinner that evening and their 'pub grub' is wonderful. The staff is amazingly helpful and knowledgeable. Sharon on the front desk was so friendly I felt as if I'd known her all my life. Melinda, in the bar, served me the best red wine I've had in the last few years and we chatted.... so friendly. Housekeeper Edna took really good care of me and my IKEA packages, heavy stuff. I didn't catch everybody's name, but they were all caring folk. Highly recommend this Inn... the rooms were beautifully furbished too, all mod coms, wi-fi, tv easy to figure out. I am 75 so I appreciate these things. The breakfast spread is fab and included in the room price which is very reasonable for that area.

PS - Big Superstore across the street and a Sobey's down the road, in the heart of all the good shopping centres like Dartmouth Crossing, IKEA, Mic Mac Mall and all the big box stores. Ours was a shopping trip organized by a tour company... they choose well when they selected the Hearthstone Inn!

Room Tip: The Inn has a distinct personality, rather like a vintage mansion, the details are almost museum quality.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Elainefitz2015, Director of Sales at Hearthstone Inn Halifax/Dartmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Dear Janette:

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We have upgraded to a boutique style hotel and we want people to feel like they are home. Our staff really takes care of our guests. Hope to see you back again soon!

Elaine
Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

Our stay was well. My.son enjoyed his stay with the interactive staff. The beds were comfortable and food was good. It was quiet and peaceful. Good entertainment.
Friendly place. Id stay here again. With a special needs child it was a good stay

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Steve M, Guest Relations Manager at Hearthstone Inn Halifax/Dartmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2017

Valued Guest , thank you for your kind words , we truly appreciate them.

Reviewed 3 November 2017

We loved staying in this grand mansion fully restored and furnished to the period. The accomodation was pristinely clean and our host was delightful. Mattress and linens were wonderful. Breakfast was large and delicious. The property was well located and we walked to Main Street restaurants and bars and of course the shops. Book early in season.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Valued Guest , thank you for your kind words we truly appreciate them.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

The staff were so friendly with a great sense of humour. Very interactive with their guests. Sharon at the Front Desk had a bubbly personality and always had a welcoming smile on her face when I walked past reception. The room was very quiet and overall, fairly updated. The bed was littered with decorative pillows which added a nice touch to the room. Very happy with my stay and I would recommend anyone to visit this hotel when passing through Dartmouth.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Steve M, General Manager at Hearthstone Inn Halifax/Dartmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

Valued Guest , thank you very much , we truly appreciate it. We hope all your travels are safe ones and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

I travel a lots, and I have stayed at hundreds of hotels. Every once in a while I select hotel that is not a chain; a local establishment to experience the local vibe. Sometimes it's hit and miss, but every once in a while you come across a gem.

I have to be honest, as soon as I pulled up, I second guessed myself, but the moment I walk in the door I was greeted with warmth and love. Sharon and Melinda were amazing and made me feel at home.

This is an older hotel (previously a Quality Inn) but the owner dump a lot of money into it, adding a fresh modern feel to the rooms, yet keeping its old world charm.

I was here for 2 nights, the first night I had dinner at MicMac Bar and Grill (famous for its steak and lobster, recommended by Sharon) and my second night I spent it at the hotel bar. If you have ever seen the TV show Cheers, then you know my experience here at the Hearthstone eatery. "Where everyone knows your name!"

With that said, I had a pleasant time and will definitely come back again. Thank you so much for a great couple days away from home.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Valued Guest , thank you for your kind words , we truly appreciate them.