All reviews downtown halifax continental breakfast few minutes drive place to stay guest laundry room was clean a ground floor room waffles convenient location stayed here for nights hotel is located decent size nova scotia lots of selection wi fi parking lot would definitely stay here again
Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed my 6 nights here at the Comfort Inn. Beds are very comfortable, pillows are excellent. Rooms are clean, excellent cleaning staff. The breakfast is typical of most hotels, The usual scrambelled / grilled eggs, hash browns, cereal, yoghurt, fruit, bagels, toast, waffles, juice etc.
Have no complaints at all, will be back when Im next in town.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank kiwionarope
Mary V, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Dartmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

We got to the hotel at about 9:30 at night and the man at the front desk was kind and efficient. The beds were *very* comfy and the room was quiet as anything, even though there seemed to be a lot of workmen/ construction crews staying there. Breakfast was simple but plenty; cereal, yogurt, fruit, make your own waffles, toast, pastries. There was also a small warmer with ham, sausage and scrambled eggs. Overall, a good location and excellent value. One piece of advice: there is no elevator, so those with mobility issues or who need/prefer to use an elevator will want to request a room on the first floor!

Room Tip: Our room faced the rear parking lot and was very quiet. There is no elevator in the hotel and it is 2 stories.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Mary V, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Dartmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to rate your recent stay with us. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay, and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

Lovely spot. I have stayed here 3 or 4 times.

Great breakfast. Coffee and free papers. Super choice for breakfast. Left something behind and next time I arrived they had it waiting for me. Great Chinese restaurant across the street

Staff super friendly.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Mary V, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Dartmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to rate your recent stay with us. We are so happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We truly appreciate you kind words, and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 29 October 2017

Decent price, cheap compared to other places. The parking is free and there is also free continental breakfast and the staff was friendly. Decent size room, little bit of smell but nothing major. There Wi-Fi is horrible so don’t go if you absolutely need it. Decent place, nothing spectacular.

Room Tip: Ground Floor has option to open patio door to bring your stuff in, if you have a lot baggage
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Mary V, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Dartmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to rate your recent stay with us. I am sorry you had problems with our WFIF, we did just update the system this summer. I hope you will consider staying with us again, the next time you are in Halifax.

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

My stay there was average at best. On a high note the staff were friendly and my room was clean. On the down side the hotel is "tired" and in need of updating. The wi-fi signal was poor and the bed & pillows were too hard...I did not sleep well at all. The breakfast is included in the room rate and is not very good. The eggs look like some kind of imitation fried egg (kind of odd looking) and the sausage patties were terrible. Of course there are fresh waffles, toast, yogurt, fruit etc... but being a fan of eggs and breakfast meats I was disappointed.

This hotel will not be on my list to stay at again. The Comfort Inn in Bayers Lake is a much nicer hotel in my opinion.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Mary V, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Dartmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to rate your recent stay with us. I am very sorry that you did not have a good experience during your stay. I am happy that this experience has not reflected negatively towards other Choice Hotels.