All reviews ground floor yogurt downtown halifax donair few minutes drive place to stay guest laundry room was clean stayed here for nights convenient location eggs free continental breakfast past few years bayers lake hotel is located decent size fair price
Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

Lovely spot. I have stayed here 3 or 4 times.

Great breakfast. Coffee and free papers. Super choice for breakfast. Left something behind and next time I arrived they had it waiting for me. Great Chinese restaurant across the street

Staff super friendly.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Mary V, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Dartmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to rate your recent stay with us. We are so happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We truly appreciate you kind words, and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 29 October 2017

Decent price, cheap compared to other places. The parking is free and there is also free continental breakfast and the staff was friendly. Decent size room, little bit of smell but nothing major. There Wi-Fi is horrible so don’t go if you absolutely need it. Decent place, nothing spectacular.

Room tip: Ground Floor has option to open patio door to bring your stuff in, if you have a lot baggage
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Mary V, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Dartmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to rate your recent stay with us. I am sorry you had problems with our WFIF, we did just update the system this summer. I hope you will consider staying with us again, the next time you are in Halifax.

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

My stay there was average at best. On a high note the staff were friendly and my room was clean. On the down side the hotel is "tired" and in need of updating. The wi-fi signal was poor and the bed & pillows were too hard...I did not sleep well at all. The breakfast is included in the room rate and is not very good. The eggs look like some kind of imitation fried egg (kind of odd looking) and the sausage patties were terrible. Of course there are fresh waffles, toast, yogurt, fruit etc... but being a fan of eggs and breakfast meats I was disappointed.

This hotel will not be on my list to stay at again. The Comfort Inn in Bayers Lake is a much nicer hotel in my opinion.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Mary V, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Dartmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to rate your recent stay with us. I am very sorry that you did not have a good experience during your stay. I am happy that this experience has not reflected negatively towards other Choice Hotels.

Reviewed 28 September 2017

The staff are very pleasant and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. They had a washer and dryer for guest use which came in handy as we had been on the road for a week. Great location. We wanted to visit Halifax the following day which was a Saturday so we drove a couple of minutes to the Ferry that takes you from Dartmouth across to Halifax (2.50 CDN), left our car in the parking lot and enjoyed walking around Halifax for the day.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Mary V, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Dartmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to rate your recent stay with us. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

On almost every trip to Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, we stay at Comfort Inn on Windmill Road.

At reception, you are met by Deanne who is so lovely and friendly. She always makes sure we get the room we prefer. Her Mom Margaret works there too. She prepares the breakfasts as well as cleans some rooms. Always smiling and willing to share her stories. (We've known both Deanne and Margaret for 4 years)

This past stay for 3 nights, slightly disappointed by the young lady who cleaned our room, 102. Every evening on return to our room, something was missing, example, first night : no floor towel, second night : no shampoo & conditioner. Finally, needed Kleenex, but she omitted to put tissues.

We will still return in the future. We make a bi annual trip to the Maritimes.

Recommended..... Location is great too!

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Mary V, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Dartmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to rate your recent stay with us. I am happy that you enjoy your stays with us, and enjoy talking with Deanne and Margaret.

I am sorry for the problems you experienced during your most recent stay. We do have a lot of new stay, so I will stress with them, the importance of making sure everything gets out back into the rooms.

I hope we will see you again soon.