USD 163
USD 99
USD 168
USD 148
Lake City Motel(Dartmouth)
All reviewsdowntown halifaxcontinental breakfastfew minutes driveguest laundryplace to stayroom was cleana ground floor roomwafflesstayed here for nightsconvenient locationhotel is locateddecent sizenova scotialots of selectionwi fiacross the bridgeham
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

My stay there was average at best. On a high note the staff were friendly and my room was clean. On the down side the hotel is "tired" and in need of updating. The wi-fi signal was poor and the bed & pillows were too hard...I did not sleep well at all. The breakfast is included in the room rate and is not very good. The eggs look like some kind of imitation fried egg (kind of odd looking) and the sausage patties were terrible. Of course there are fresh waffles, toast, yogurt, fruit etc... but being a fan of eggs and breakfast meats I was disappointed.

This hotel will not be on my list to stay at again. The Comfort Inn in Bayers Lake is a much nicer hotel in my opinion.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Mary V, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Dartmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to rate your recent stay with us. I am very sorry that you did not have a good experience during your stay. I am happy that this experience has not reflected negatively towards other Choice Hotels.

Reviewed 28 September 2017

The staff are very pleasant and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. They had a washer and dryer for guest use which came in handy as we had been on the road for a week. Great location. We wanted to visit Halifax the following day which was a Saturday so we drove a couple of minutes to the Ferry that takes you from Dartmouth across to Halifax (2.50 CDN), left our car in the parking lot and enjoyed walking around Halifax for the day.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Mary V, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Dartmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to rate your recent stay with us. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

On almost every trip to Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, we stay at Comfort Inn on Windmill Road.

At reception, you are met by Deanne who is so lovely and friendly. She always makes sure we get the room we prefer. Her Mom Margaret works there too. She prepares the breakfasts as well as cleans some rooms. Always smiling and willing to share her stories. (We've known both Deanne and Margaret for 4 years)

This past stay for 3 nights, slightly disappointed by the young lady who cleaned our room, 102. Every evening on return to our room, something was missing, example, first night : no floor towel, second night : no shampoo & conditioner. Finally, needed Kleenex, but she omitted to put tissues.

We will still return in the future. We make a bi annual trip to the Maritimes.

Recommended..... Location is great too!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Mary V, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Dartmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to rate your recent stay with us. I am happy that you enjoy your stays with us, and enjoy talking with Deanne and Margaret.

I am sorry for the problems you experienced during your most recent stay. We do have a lot of new stay, so I will stress with them, the importance of making sure everything gets out back into the rooms.

I hope we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Well located hotel if you are visiting Halifax, a few minutes drive from two parking lots for the ferries, which drop you in the old port within walking distances to all the attractions! ( buy tickets at the pharmacy, you will save a couple of bucks and won't struggle to find exact change)

The hotel is well kept and the staff was helpful! The included breakfast also well appointed, the only issue is the size of the room a bit small for the number of rooms, you probably end up sharing a table and making new acquaintances.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to rate your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope we will see you again.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

I had booked 2 rooms a month in advance directly with this hotel, I called a few hours before I was heading onto the road my family and I where going to do back to school shopping.
When I called to let them know when we would be arriving Darren at the Dartmouth location informed me that there was only one room, I said that is impossible I reserved 2 rooms, I then asked him if I could get another room he said no we are booked up i then said well what can I do to fix this he said nothing I could try other hotels but good luck on that everyone is booked up!
He was very rude and inconsiderate, I believe that my other room was given away, because it was a busy time.
I then had to called all over for another hotel with two rooms I had to settle for one that was 1.5 hours away from where we were going in New Glasgow comfort inn, I explained to the person behind the counter what had happened Brenda at the New Glasgow location said i should cancel the one room or i would be charged to which she did this for me.
I will say customer service makes all the difference the comfort inn in Dartmouth service by Darren was absolutely horrible, but the customer service in New Glasgow was amazing by Brenda so I thank you Brenda and to Darren you should find another career.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Mary V, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Dartmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to rate your recent experience with our hotel. I would like to sincerely apologize for your experience. This is certainly not what we want to happen to any guest. I did look into your reservation. We did not give one of your rooms away, there was only one reservation made here at the hotel, by the clerk making the reservations for you. I will be speaking with Darren, as this is absolutely not how he was taught to handle such a situation. I hope that the experience with our hotel, will not deter you from staying with Choice Hotels in the future.