“Great Eats at Embers”

Embers Southern BBQ
Ranked #58 of 150 Restaurants in Sydney
Price range: USD 4 - USD 31
Reviewed 10 October 2016

When you think of an Atlantic Coast restaurant, one does not expect Southern Barbeque. However that's what on the menu at this establishment. I had supper there and did not walk away hungry. The prices are reasonable, the menu offers a wide selection and the portions are large. I had a pulled pork platter with sides of barbeque beans and mac and cheese. The servers are professional and very friendly. My meal was served promptly and it was hot, fresh, and delicious. The atmosphere is that of a typical Southern BBQ Joint with art work depicting the Southern US States. There are several flat screens showing sporting events and a lively entertainment system playing the current top forty. This location is just steps from several hotels and they offer a take away service. If you have had your fill of seafood, then I recommend the Embers Southern BBQ.

Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

Very friendly staff. Took our order to go and took it on our cruise ship for a special dinner later on our private balcony. We ate the best of the entire ship tonight !!!

Reviewed 20 August 2016

Had a great dinner there with two colleagues who were raised in the Southern US and they were very impressed. The only failing is that we were on a tight timeframe and told them up front... but they were slower than promised. Otherwise a great pub serving authentic Southern BBQ.

Reviewed 10 August 2016

We went in for lunch, and we were blown away. The food was great, as was the atmosphere. The service was good as well. Looks like a fun place at night based off the entertainment schedule.

Reviewed 15 July 2016 via mobile

Visited Sydney for a couple days and enjoyed my meal here.

The ribs and brisket were delicious. I also enjoyed the beans and firehouse chili. My partner said the Mac and Cheese was tasty too. Lots
of food for the cost. We were stuffed!

I guess if I were to choose some things I didn't like about the meal is would be that the Caesar was more dressing than salad and the bread was a bit stale. The cost was so reasonable though, these weren't really big issues.

Servers were friendly and food arrived quickly.

Try them!