“A picture is worth.... More than the room.”
Review of Dragonfly Inn

and 1 more site!
Dragonfly Inn
Ranked #16 of 19 Annapolis Royal B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Upon entering the property, I felt unwelcomed. The owner did not check her reservation list from two nights prior (I made my reservation Monday for Wednesday). The owner changed up my room and told me I'd have to use the deadbolt, as the previous occupants had broken the door knob. Ok, then I got to the room, and although the beds looked very inviting I was PAINFULLY mistaken, as I would have had a much more comfortable sleep on the floor. The bathroom was illy lit, the toilet was dirty, the bathroom door did not shut, and when I went to check under the bed for my shoe... I wished I hadn't. The floor was obviously not swept in a very very long time.

Parking is very akward, had there been one more car in the side lot I don't think I would have been able to get out. I had to watch for the owners 18 month old when leaving and her dogs, as they would just be running around the property ( even between 730-8, when I had sprung out of bed thinking my three year old was screaming, but.. instead it was just our morning wake up call from the owners child). The room had a 13" tv that was completely impossible for our family of 5 to all watch at once. When I returned to my room with a room temperature coffee, it literally took me 2 mins and 15 seconds to warm, yes warm it not make it hot.

When my spouse went to check out the owners dog barked, and when he commented the owner snapped at him saying a) you're in my kitchen b) he's blind. Perhaps a bit of people skills is too much to ask for, or maybe a proper place for guests to check in / check out. I won't be returning .

• Stayed: July 2012
9  Thank hiccups1230
drgnflyinn, Owner at Dragonfly Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2012

I'm sorry, I'm finding this review a bit hard to swallow......Your husband walked into my private kitchen, my blind dog barked at him and my apologies for it have offended you some how? I've never been disagreeable at anyone because my dog behavior at them, in fact I apologies! As for the coffee the Thermos keeps it hot at lease for 8 hour and the time frame for the studio where the coffee is 3 to 4 hour max ( if you go after hours). I noticed the home baked blueberry muffins didn't make the review or the tastefully redecoration of your room. All in all, I'm sorry for any inconveniences or offences that might have been perceived on your part.

Reviewed 3 July 2012

Had 3 nights here late June 2012. In a ground floor refurbished room. For me it was a Motel which is what I was looking for at a reasonable price with parking nearby. Recommended to me by the tourist bureau by the dam. Great large bathroom and lots of towels. Large comfy bed with nice sheets. Jenna gave me bowls, cups etc for my snacks. If you want the large old mansion b&bs and total quiet this may not be for you. Value for money and friendly Canadian people. Everything was clean and tidy. Yes this is a friendly Canadian home with chilrden and their toys.
Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a refurbished room? Ground floor?
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 June 2012

We arrived late in the day expecting to find a welcoming room. Although the room was reasonably clean, sheets and towels clean. The owners have only been there 18 months so I am sure trying their best to get the place modernised,
They do have a young family with toys about but nothing to worry about, children have to have to play.
Beware if you want breakfast. Check first, because we were their during June and don't serve breakfast. Yet, its listed as a BED and BREAKFAST accommodation. Not bed only.
If we go back to Annapolis i will look for something else.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brownie101
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

We at the Dragon Fly Inn are truly sorry that you were not completely satisfied with your stay at our Inn.
While we are doing our best to renovate and redo each room, unfortunately the room that you booked was not one of the newly redone ones.
Although we do have a Bed and Breakfast section we also have a Motel section. Which was, in fact, where you reserved.
When booking online in the future I might suggest calling ahead to make sure of the details as booking online yourself can sometimes be confusing.
Our motel guests are provided with a continental breakfast during high season, which for reference, dates from the July 1st to September 17th inclusively.

Thank you, please have a pleasant summer.

Reviewed 13 October 2011

Honestly, Wes created the best food I have eaten in a B&B anywhere! We had gone to Annapolis for a romantic weekend and found the location perfect for walking jaunts to the boardwalk, Fort Anne and the shops downtown. It is a short drive to Port Royal and Melanson Settlement, as well as other towns in the Annapolis Valley. If there was any downside, it was that the pillows were terribly hard, but that goes to personal taste. Jenna and Wes have a lovely family, and although there are many gorgeous properties turned B&B in and around Annapolis, the price is right, the house gorgeous and the breakfast alone makes this THE destination for foodie travelers. They are laid-back hosts and not stuffy at all, which made our stay all the more comfortable.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to waking up easily to light, the Loft, with the skylight, might not be the bes...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2011

I do not know how this place gets good reviews. The web site shows a beautiful, clean and comfortable B and B. However, it is very decieving. Upon first entering the building , there are kids toys, dust, dogs and just a general appearence of not being kept up. There were dirty dusty strollers on the porch. The bedroom that we were in was very old and dated. Nothing new and fluffy like the web site shows. It is just not professionally run. I am pretty easy going and have never written a bad review before, but just wanted others to know.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple