“Nice spot to enjoy nice day on deck”
Review of Wildcat Cafe

Wildcat Cafe
Ranked #8 of 82 Restaurants in Yellowknife
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

Stopped for a bit of lunch on my walk about Old Town. Menus is a bit limited but servers are pleasant and menus on image of NWT iconic polar bear license plate is nice touch. My Chicken burger was very good nice bun. Having a small salad along with fries is nice touch.

Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

Nice place to grab a quick bite while in Old Town. Service was great, my burger was a bit more greasy than I usually like it to be BUT I felt the meal overall was reasonably priced.

Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

Had the fresh whitefish which was battered with fries. Good sized portion even for big eating senior. Side? salad was basically 6 little pieces of lettuce. Fries were excellent. Didn’t like the fact they charged 18.5% automatic tip for a party of 6! all at one table. Beer was expensive! $50 for 1 beer and fish & chips.so judge for yourself! But it was pretty good.

Reviewed 12 July 2018

We were visiting Yellowknife last week and were told this place was great. I really liked the log cabin. It was not large and had wood tables with benches. It overlooked the lake which was a great view. We were four adults and three children. We ordered four fish and chips, a vegetarian curry and bison burger and a order of fries. We drank water except for one coffee. The fish was ok. The french fries were really good. The bison burger was OK and the curry was good. The service was quick. I’m being very specific about what we ate because when the bill came they added 18% for tip. It’s because there were six or more people. Now here’s the kicker. $170.00 dollars. Considering only six people ate that’s about 28.00 ea. So that’s what I paid for an order of fries. I guess once we saw the prices we could have left but with kids looking forward to it you just go with it. I realize it’s more expensive in Yellowknife but that was the most expensive meal we had the whole time there.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

We had the bison stew and it was fantastic. Its a really old restaurant, but has been redone in the last while. Good service, great food