“If you really care about having a good coffee.....”

Barren Ground Coffee
Price range: USD 2 - USD 15
Description: We are a coffee roaster! We sell organic and fair trade locally roasted specialty coffee for northerners. You can buy bags of freshly roasted whole bean coffee, merchandise, and pour-over take out coffee available during retail hours. See website for details.
Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

These folks spent a lot of time researching and testing, and the quality of their efforts is for sure reflected in the taste of the brew. If you are passionate about your coffee, give this a try. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.

Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

Nice little coffee shop in Yellowknife. I feel much cooler after drinking coffee here. This coffee is good for the soul. The baby is cute.

1  Thank Patrick S
Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

Ordered some of this coffee online and boy was it delicious. Very great roast! I will recommend to anyone

Reviewed 16 December 2017

Barren Ground roasts the best coffee I've had, ever. This place is definitely worth stopping in for when visiting Yellowknife. Friendly staff, good pour over coffee, and souvenirs for everyone!

1  Thank pickytraveler_JS
Reviewed 15 December 2017

My go-to when I was up in YK shooting my docudrama "Cold Nutz, Warm Heartz." While my series wasn't picked up by a network or streaming service, the memory of the great coffee and companionship provided by the 2 men and the baby who own the place remains.