“Solid with great service ”

Coyote's Bistro on Franklin
Ranked #20 of 82 Restaurants in Yellowknife
Price range: USD 4 - USD 34
Description: The Best Yellowknife has to offer for the whole family. One of the Few Family friendly dining establishments in the Heart of Down town YK. Featuring local Great Slave Fish and Northern Game, Alberta Beef, and a menu whose variety makes it a go-to spot for most families. Daily and Nightly Features that makes dining out in Yellowknife affordable. Great Food! Great Portions Friendly and Knowledgeable Owner and Staff gives great recommendations for Guest from all over. If you ask, the owner will give you directions for secret spots to view and take wonderful pics of the Aurora.
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

Ed the owner greeted us as we brought our group in for lunch and then again for dinner. It is incredibly friendly and helpful. The food was above average, not gourmet but very good. Fair prices and good timely service.

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

I found this on Trip Advisor while working in YK for 2 weeks. I was not disappointed. Like the other review said they will do gluten free. Extensive menu, DELICIOUS fresh fish and fries. Absolutely amazing service. The price is so reasonable especially for this city. I would recommend anyone wanting a really good meal at a good price to come here.
I will be back!

Reviewed 5 August 2018

The front desk clerk at Day's Inn made a number of very useful suggestions for the time I was spending in Yellowknife. Coyote's was one of her recommendations that she believed could meet my Gluten Free needs. It was less than a block from the hotel so very convenient. I couldn't have been more pleased with the choice, so much so that I went each of the three days I spent in Yellowknife. Alyssa, my server the first day, understood my needs and Ed, the owner reinforced that with his very clear understanding of safe food for people with Celiac Disease. Many of the food choices are prepared naturally gluten free, many others can be adapted. I followed his recommendations each day and wasn't disappointed. The first day was a fish meal surrounded by lots of fresh salad. The second day was buffalo soup followed by Tiramisu for dessert. The dessert was so delicious that I had to have it again on my third visit after my main course of lettuce wraps with chicken and veggies in a tangy sauce. It was so nice to have the wonderful combination of delicious and safe food. I'd go back in a heart beat.

Reviewed 27 July 2018

This place seems a bit dated as you go in. Has a 70s vibe for sure. But the food is honest and tasty. Portions are generous and we had excellent service from all three staff that we encountered.

Reviewed 4 May 2018

I was in Yellowknife for a few meetings. In on Monday, out on Wednesday. It was a great chance to really enjoy something special. Not knowing anything about the local scene, I made an impulsive choice on Monday. ‘Nuff said.
Determined to enjoy something special before leaving, I tuned into the local buzz. I found a menu in the drawer of the desk in room 401. It said “COYOTE’S Bistro on Franklin.”
Okay.
Free delivery. Score! Soup and salads. Yes! Tons of appies, entrees, and specials. Ya! The menu said fresh, diverse, healthy, and delicious.
I am mortal.
I ordered the Buffalo Burger (please don’t tell my wife – she doesn’t follow me). I may or may not have had the fries as a side (I did ;-)). But to my credit, I also ordered the Caesar salad. See? Totally healthy!
The feast arrived within about 25 minutes and just in time! I was hungry.
I jumped all over the salad first. Which is to say that I squeezed the fresh lemon on to the salad and chased every delicious piece of fresh lettuce to extinction. Yum.
To be honest though, before I finished off the salad I did take a bite of the burger. How could I not? It may have been more than one bite. It may have been several.
This is probably the single best buffalo burger I have ever had. *buffalo burger emoji*
The great thing about buffalo is that it is so lean. The problem with buffalo is that it is so lean. Right?
The reason that this is the best buffalo burger ever is that it was moist and flavourful and superbly seasoned. The buffalo patty was everything you could ask it to be.
But wait! That’s not all!
The succulent patty, as it happens, was only the palette for the burger as a whole. The lettuce did its job fiercely, being green and crunchy and present at every bite. The onion was everywhere, like frost on the BBQ in January: unavoidable and enriching. The BBQ sauce was alluring and coy. Irresistible in its complexity. Come here – go away. Compelling. This is nothing, however, in comparison to the pickle.
I am no expert, but I got the distinct feeling that this pickle gave me the middle finger. Just to be sure, I took a bite and tried again. Yep. It was clear. This gherkin was bold and unapologetic. Almost too much on its own, it was the perfect accent to the burger as a whole. Hello Yellowknife!
I have only been in Yellowknife for a few days but next time I’m here, I’m eating at Coyote’s Bistro on Franklin.

Edward B, Owner at Coyote's Bistro on Franklin, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2018

Thank you so much for giving my Family run bistro a try! So glad you enjoyed your Bison burger, and so thankful for your stupendous review. You must be a writer because your piece was so alluring and captivating. See you next time in YK!

Edward But