“Delicious! ”
Review of Bad Bones Ramen

Bad Bones Ramen
Ranked #65 of 405 Restaurants in St. John's
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This place is amazing! Been here a couple of times and have never been disappointed. The first time I had the spicy lobster and pork belly and the second time just the pork belly. Only advice would be to show up early of you want to eat in. Not much sitting room!(unless they changed it since my last time there)

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Got take out the other day - I had the pork tonkatsu, my daughter had the spicy chicken miso - and it was absolutely amazing. I think I could live on that broth, and my daughter was blown away by her udon bowl. A side of chicken gyoza was equally amazing. The staff were super nice. A lucky break for a place like this to open in St. John’s.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

I decided to stop in and try out bad bones ramen. I've heard nothing but good things about this place and it did not disappoint. My friend and I were able to walk in off the street and were served right away. I ordered the pork loin shoyu ramen and chicken gyoza dumplings. The staff were friendly and helpful in explaining the menu. Despite limited seating, we quickly found a space near the window. Our ramen arrived, artfully presented, and steaming hot. The portion size was great and certainly makes a good meal. The broth was delicious, rich and complex. The dumplings were also fantastic with a punchy dipping sauce. This is quality food for a great price. I'll definitely be back for more!

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

After days of large dinners on Water Street, my colleague and I were in need of a comfort food meal. I was surprised to locate a ramen shop in the heart of St. John’s and we both decided to give it a try after seeing the positive reviews.

Before the shop opens at 6pm, this place is hard to find as there isn’t any clear signage. When it opens, they put a sign on the sidewalk.

We ordered the chicken gyoza and the pork belly ramen. I don’t think I ever had such well made chicken dumplings ever. The wrap was thin and the meat was still juicy. As for the ramen, I love the toppings and the noodles. Egg was perfect. The broth is a little blander than what I am accustomed to (I love my tonkatsu) and is missing some depth of flavor even when compared to a shio or miso flavor but that being said, it could be a regional preference.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

Excellent food, really friendly staff. I would certainly recommend it to anyone who loves Ramen. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful.