“Excellent restaurant!”

Blue Olive - Les Mille et Une Nuits
Ranked #9 of 272 Restaurants in Moncton
Price range: USD 9 - USD 27
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

It was our first time and certainly not our last. Our waiter,...well, we've never experienced that kind of service in our life. He was most attentive. And the food was excellent, so fresh and the blend of spices heavenly! As we say in french "c'est un incontournable!".

1  Thank pariser2017

Reviewed 11 November 2017

Visited with friends, delicious appetizers and main courses, exellent vine selection, great service, recomend !

1  Thank bennetttoni
Reviewed 7 November 2017

Visited the Main street location this past weekend and we were wowed. From the moment you walk into the gorgeously decorated restaurant to the moment our insanely attentive waiter walked us out of the door we enjoyed every moment.

The decoration of the space really makes you feel as if you've walked into another world offering you a glimpse into what it may be like to visit Morocco or Tunisia. Since we were lucky enough to be there on a night where the talented Andre Saulnier played flamenco guitar, it really took you away to another time and place.

The service was attentive and professional, the waiter explained each course to us as he served our plates. We were presented with a complimentary appetizer of juicy whole olives along with a toasted pita covered in za'atar and sesame seeds. Then we shared the mixed dip platter which included small portions of traditional chick pea hummus, baba ganoush, avocado and spinach dip as well as beet hummus served with fresh pita bread. All of them were delicious, especially the avocado and spinach dip.

I had opted for the Oasis salad which consisted of mixed greens, figs, dates and beets among other tasty things. We were almost full when our mains arrived which were the Shish Taouk (chicken) and the Kofta kebabs but we still forged on. The portions were large, the fresh vegetables grilled to perfection and the saffron rice was fluffy and perfumed. Best thing on either plate was the garlicky white sauce which I believe was Toum served with the chicken skewers. It was like eating a delicious garlic cloud...Hahaha.

When they brought our bill (which was very reasonable considering the amount of food and the incredible service we received) they also served us a shot glass of hot Moroccan tea which was, unsurprisingly, also delicious.

Would recommend this place very, very highly for a night out. Worth every penny. We will be back.

P.S. Order the Tunisian lemonade! To die for!

1  Thank Sonia L
Reviewed 3 November 2017

Food and service were excellent ! From the table you could see the cook. A perfect dining night. On your next visit to Moncton, I strongly recommend.

1  Thank balance100
Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

We recently moved to the area and I left a positive review which I believe accidentally got posted on a new account (I will post this there too) and I feel my newest and negative experiences required I post again to provide a warning.

We have been since in hopes that our initial good experience would repeat itself, but that was not the case. The service and food was terribly dissapointing. The server was inattentive despite our being only 1 of 3 tables. The food was very late in coming, and when it did come, it was cool and the potatoes very undercooked. We just ate what we could as we were going to a movie and were running behind because of the length of time it took to get our food. When asked how our meal was by the server when I was paying our bill, I kindly but honestly said that we were dissatisfied with our food. The server proceeded to scold the cook in front of me! It was very uncomfortable to say the least.

I decided to try ordering in tonight, to give the food one last try and bypass the bad service. When I called to order I was rudely told that they were too busy to place a delivery order. No apologies were offered. Since they hire an outside delivery service, I find this to be unacceptable.

There are so many great places to eat in Moncton, I won't be coming back here. I like my restaurant experiences to be predictable, providing great service and delicious hot food and this was anything but. They obviously lost the recipe to the secret sauce they had the first time we ate there. They should look for it until they find it.

2  Thank CarrieinAB