“Looking to treat my self ...”

House Of Lam Restaurant
Ranked #59 of 281 Restaurants in Moncton
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

So I really just started to drive around and see what caught my eye I've heard lots of good things about house of lamb and was on my way to st Louis passed house of lamb and turned around to go back to give it a try. My waitress if I'd call her that, sat me at my table, got my drink order and being quick I got an app and the house of lamb special 26$ plate thinking it's there special how can they mess it up, being a chef my self I have my set of standards and respect I treat all my food and dishes and customer's, the waitress I'm pretty sure is done work later in the week and she let that be known , pulled my napkin out of my cup threw it on the table and filled with water and left, my app came the chili spareribs they were very tasty I liked them alot a bit tuff but the taste made up for it, then on to the entree , House of lamb special, lobster, shrimp, tender beef, chicken , onions, water chestnuts, with rice the sauce it was in was very good but my veg chicken and rice were all cold, So I polite said it was cold she took it back and came back 3 mins later and asked if I wanted my rice microwaved too, no I'm sorry I wanted it cooked right the first time and then if not just heated back up in a pan, long story short I took it to go so I can cook it my self and went and got chicken wings, disappointing...

1  Thank MaritimeChef

Reviewed 17 March 2018

They use sugar and MSG very sparingly making the veggies taste fresh and wholesome. Even the sauces are on the low sugary side. Best egg rolls and their chicken balls are made with pure white chicken breast with a light batter....just delicious. Ribs are meaty and tasty. Beef and chicken are made with quality meats. Nice cozy atmosphere and friendly staff. Daily Buffets from noon to 2:00 P.M are reasonably priced at $15.95. Just wish they had weekend evening buffets, not just on Sunday evenings. Strongly recommended.

2  Thank Félice Maillet P
Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

I'm sure the last time I was at the House of Lam was 40 years ago when I lived in Moncton. Couldn't believe it was still there when I visited recently. That tells you something right there - consistently good Chinese food and loyal customers. The service was warm and friendly and the food was tasty. We had wonton soup, Cantonese Chow Mein and Orange Chicken. Enjoyed everything.

1  Thank Acadia80
Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

Went for lunch with my husband. The service was fast and our waitress very friendly. The restaurant itself is old and smells very musty. I used the washroom in the basement and the tile floors at the bottom of the stairs were slick with what I assume was from oil in the air that comes from the kitchen frying food. The building is “old and tired” and could use a good updating/cleaning. The food itself was hot and tasty. The batter on our chicken balls were a bit undercooked and doughy but the Egg rolls were awesome. My husband had a combo # 1 and I had the # 2. For the two combo’s and two glasses of soda it cost $46.00 (plus a $6.00 tip so total of $52.00). Probably will not be returning. Overall experience was mediocre.

2  Thank Ms B
Reviewed 16 December 2017

Decided to take a couple of friends out to lunch and not having been to the House of Lamb for some time, we went there. Forgot how great their noon buffet but was impressed as usual at the variety and quality. Everything was hot, kept full of food, clean and great service, taking away used plates and encouraged to get a new plate and refill. Will return maybe a little sooner next time.

1  Thank Robert B