“Good food, mediocre service”

Gusto Italian Grill & Bar
Ranked #5 of 295 Restaurants in Moncton
Price range: USD 8 - USD 27
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Güsto Italian Grill & Bar offers a truly authentic Italian dining experience in the heart of downtown Moncton.Brick walls, rustic wood finishes, bustling open kitchen and wood fired oven make Güsto ideal for a casual relaxed meal.At Güsto we hand-craft every dish. Authentic Italian pasta, prime steaks, seafood, hand thrown wood fired pizzas and traditional Italian desserts.We love great wines. Our wine list is ever changing as we continue to bring in new discoveries and classic Italian favourites.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had a late night reservation (9pm) and arrived right on time, we were lead to our table by the hostess but after 10 minutes had not been greeted by a server although there were 3 buzzing around the tables in our area.
The atmosphere of the restaurant is great, we enjoyed the open kitchen especially. Meals arrived in decent time but after realizing I was never asked for my preference of sidedish, flagged down the next server to walk by who happened to be the manager, I believe. His manner was short and a little off putting ("What can I do to make you happy? I can bring you potatoes, would that make you happy?").
We were both very satisfied with the food, but the service was lacklustre and disorganised.
The cheesecake, which came highly recommended, was over the top gluttonous, and contained very little actually cheesecake, mainly made up of regular chocolate cake and icing. In our opinion, overrated.
To summarise: good atmosphere, good food, overrated desserts and disappointing service.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,019)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I enjoyed my time at Gustos. The pizza was great, and it tastes just as good when heated as well! Service was great. Our waitress was called Christine W. The atmosphere was great.

Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

Went to Gusto today with a group of friends. Our server Stephanie was great and very helpful. The food was also very good. Love the atmosphere!!

Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

Visited Gusto for lunch with my sister today on the recommendation of a lady while waiting in line to get into Costco. So glad we did. The atmosphere is very unique and service was exemplary. Our waiter Thomas was amazingly friendly and knowledgeable about the menu,our food was delicious and VERY reasonably priced. It was recommended we not turn down dessert and wow.... so glad we didn't! ! This place gets 5* from me!! Highly recommend it!!!

Reviewed 10 October 2018

When we arrived the manager came directly to our table and welcomed us and advised us of the specials.

Our waitress was amazing, friendly and really made us feel at home.

The food was incredible. Pizza was the best I've ever had. We wanted to have dessert, but were too full!

The experience was so great that we planned to come back the next night to eat less and have room for their amazing cheesecake!