“Great way to spend the Easter weekend with family”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Beausejour
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Moncton
Halifax, Canada
“Great way to spend the Easter weekend with family”
Reviewed 9 April 2012

This is my favourite hotel to stay in when I travel to Moncton, hands down. It worked out that there was a terrific $90 / night rate when we were heading to the city for a family visit. Free parking at the lot on the weekend as well! I found check in very friendly and fast. There were a few folks ahead of me but three gals on the desk so it moved quickly. Our room was nicely appointed with the usual Delta amenities like bathrobe and duvets, but there were also two chocolate Easter bunnies for the children! . Very comfy beds. Lots of activities in the hotel - pool, hot tub and waterslide were a hit with the family. They have a games room with wii, kinect and a foosball table. I enjoyed the modern, machines in the workout room as well. If you are having breakfast I recommend the TRIIO buffet. Fabulous! Staff offered suggestions of local events. I really appreciated the posted by the elevator that listed local attractions that weekend. We discovered the Moncton Market that way!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Marc D, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Beausejour, responded to this review, 14 April 2012
We are very happy to hear how much you enjoyed your visit to our hotel.

We are appreciate your comments about the service you received from our front desk and restaurant staff and it is a pleasure to hear that they were so helpful.

Our waterslide, which is the longest indoor hotel slide in the province, is always a hit with children young and old, and our kids activity room is kept up to date with the latest in games so that our younger guests have a great time while staying here with their parents.

We look forward to seeing you back at the Delta Beauséjour soon, and we do sincerely thank you for your comments.

Raymond Roberge • General Manager • Delta Beauséjour

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Recently stayed one evening for business and received a good rate which included breakfast (Sunday night). Overall this is a good property but you can tell it is an older hotel that has gone through some upgrading recently. The check in process was a little slow as there seemed to be some challenges with the room + tax being prepaid which was never resolved before checking out. The female front desk clerk did use my name a few times which I liked and she was friendly. The Concierge gave me some good dinner options close by and was interested in hearing my feedback. I liked that my room was at the far wing down to the left. My room was small and the sofa in it makes it even more crammed. The carpet had stains in some areas including a large stain to the right of the bed. Some work needs to be done steam cleaning the carpets. My one big complaint was the sound of the fridge rattling all night. I should have unplugged it! The bathroom was clean but again quite small but efficient. A colleague and I had dessert in the dining room and it was a very limited selection. Note to the Food and Beverage Manager you need a larger more innovative selection of desserts. The server was friendly although she was supposed to leave a note for the morning staff that we were hoping to get into breakfast at 645 as it only opens at 7. We had an early start and this was a rush. Starting breakfast service at 6:30 would be appreciated. I had the buffer breakfast and was surprised it would have cost $30 with taxes if it is not included in the rate. This is very high given what it was. It was quick trip this stay and I checked out very early. Parking is outside which is annoying in the winter but I was able to park close to hotel. The hotel is in a good location close to everything including some good restos within walking distance. If you are traveling on business this is a good choice in Moncton and the Delta Privileges perks are decent. A solid 3.5 star property which I will generously round off to 4.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Marc D, Rooms Division Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Beausejour, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
Thank you for providing your comprehensive feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. Extensive renovations were completed over the past few years throughout all areas of the hotel. We are very pleased that you enjoyed the location of your guest room, and we are pleased to advise that the carpet is scheduled to be changed within the next few months.

We sincerely apologize for the disturbance from your mini-fridge and we have had the unit in that room removed and repaired.

We are pleased to learn that you were happy with the service provided by our colleagues. We are pleased to provide an extensive room service breakfast menu for guests who are departing prior to the opening of the restaurant. When there is sufficient demand, we do make adjustments to the opening hours of the restaurant for our guests' convenience. We have shared your comments with our Restaurant Manager for her consideration.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Delta Beauséjour in the near future.

Best regards,
Marc Dionne
Canada
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Went here as a surprise on the night my husband proposed. We rented the honey moon suite. It was huge. A living room kitchenett, a hot tub or jacuzzi what ever you want to call it. and a seperate bed room off to one side of the room. Fire place in the bedroom and a king size bed. Which i have never seen before until then. I rolled on the bed 5 times before i fell off the other side. A bottle of wine and a few chocolates were delivered to our room through the evening. We had a free breakfast which they put on quite a spread for there guests. They had something for everyone. A little pricey. It was over 400 for the suite.

Reviewed 18 March 2012

We were looking for a 2 day getaway with our two children. We booked a two night all inclusive package at the Ramada Crystal Palace which include a pass to the park $100 gift certificate to McGinnis Restaurant and pizza for the second night for family of 4 as well as a $20 gift certificate to the movies. We planned to spend most of the time at crystal palace and the pool. Until a friend told me how wonderful the Delta Beasejour was, that they have excellent food (Good food is very important) and they had a new waterslide, which would be fun for the kids! I did a lot of research to see if it would be worth switching our reservation to the Delta, they had a March Break Madness package which included breakfast for a family of 4 and dinner for family of 4, but the only problem was it was a set menu for dinner that was brought in just for march break. You had 4 choices for a main course (burger and fries, chicken, or fried fish) it offered you a starter soup or salad and a desert. I was hesitant on this, but was assured that the food is top notch, and high quality so we decieded to go for it.

This was a big mistake when it came to the food, the starter was good soup or salad, but the main course was VERY disappointing. My husband ordered a burger and fries ( i expected top notch) it was the most processed piece of meat I had ever seen, a big thick FAKE burger. It was discusting and disapointing. I had the fish, which was tooo greasy, and another family we were with had the chicken, which was disapointing as well. (I was embaressed because I told this other family what a great deal this was and how good the food is) The kids were able to order off of this menu, but the waitress pushed the kids menu, which is a small pice of pizza or very tiny bowl of kraft dinner. There was no talking my kids out of that once they seen the kids menu. The kids were served their tiny bowl of kd and small pizza when we received our starters, so they were done in a few minutes and were left trying to eat our food because they were still hungry. I had to ask the waitress for a roll because i felt the kd was not enough. The children should have been offered starters as well!!! Very disappointing and a waste of time we could have enjoyed ourselves at another restaurant or ordered what we wanted from their REAL menu. On a positive note, the morning breakfast buffet was well worth it very good food and plenty to choose from. They just made a very POOR choice for the dinner menu. and wasted our time.

The room was o.k. We stayed in a king pull out couch for the children, room was small, but that was expected. We had a connecting room with a different family. I was disappointed when we walked in the room, because the carpets had 3 very large stains which made me feel the room was dirty, that was not nice to see, other than that that room was ok. We called the front desk about the dirty carpets, they offered to move us, but the other family was already settled and kids were tired. The bed was very comfortable. They offered a free movie because it was my child's b'day, so that was nice. After children fell asleep I had a hard time falling asleep because I could hear a party happeneing, loud laughter and yelling. Not sure if it was coming from the vents or a room down the hall. In the morning we could hear a baby crying. Waterslide was hit for the kids, so really the only positive difference to the ramada is the slide, so if Ramada gets a slide that is were we will be. Also, asked for a bandade at front desk, because my daughter cut her chin, receptionist said oh, sorry we ran out,??I felt she could have tried harder, I'm sure there must have been a bandaide somwhere??
We complained at the Triiio Restaurant, he agreed that he had complaints of the fake burger as well, and recommended to the front desk, to take $30 of our room. That was nice, but to me still was not worth it, we paid $189 for room, breakfast and dinner, we could have paid $131 for room and breakfast so that left us paying $58 for the dinner, where our children ate K.D (and this was suppose to be a $100 meal).

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank Family902
Marc D, Rooms Division Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Beausejour, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
We thank you for sharing your concerns about your recent stay with your children. Unfortunately, the room your family were assigned is scheduled for carpet replacement, which will take place in the very near future. 170 of our guest rooms have been refitted with new carpet and the remaining 140 will have new carpet within the next four months.

With regard to the children's menu, we have shared your comments with our chef and he is making the appropriate changes to the items on the menu. We are sorry to learn of your disappointment with regard to your meal, and we are pleased to hear how much you appreciated our breakfast buffet, which is recognized as top notch in the city, and that your family enjoyed our waterslide.

We regret the disturbance as you were trying to get to sleep, and if our security personnel had been averted, they would have taken action to quiet any noisemaking.

We sincerely apologize for the response you received to your request for a bandaid, and we have taken this up with the front desk agent in question.

We would like to have you return to the hotel for another visit, and I would be pleased to personally assist you with your next reservation, to ensure that you have a great stay with us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome your family to enjoy the largest indoor hotel waterslide in the province and to offer you a great dining experience in our TRIIIO Restaurant. Please contact me directly at marc.dionne@deltahotels.com.
Yarmouth, Canada
Reviewed 15 March 2012

i stayed in this hotel when i was on my way to Maine for a shopping trip! i stayed in room 223. the room was nice break from being in a car for 7 hours. the check in was very good and speedy! the room had an interesting layout compared to other hotel rooms I've been in. the only 2 Problems i had was noise coming from a vent and the elevators were really slow. i loved the pool area and enjoyed the water slide!

Room Tip: i would prefer a room on west block but 223 was fine for me!